Best horror movies you've ever watched?

Tools    

i have to say i really enjoyed a movie i recently saw after a while as a rewatch, texas chainsaw massacre remake. its very gripping and generally disturbinf

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thanks. Will see it soon.
Very dated, Larry. All the actors are woeful and their characters are completely unlikable, and I'm glad Deodata got dragged through the courts. One scene looked realistic enough to make me think at the time it was snuff, though. I kept replaying it in disbelief. The only thing I liked about it is it got me onto extreme genre and to reading about how controversial they were at the time.

Well I think it's a masterpiece, but I will say it's very intense Larry and if you don't want to see anything like real animal cruelty, don't watch it. It's up to you though, I don't know how you handle that stuff. It's a very affecting movie for me personally.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Ahhhh....to give you some perspective. I watched the Green Inferno last year and liked it haha. That was brutal. I guess it might be a bit difficult given the animal cruelty but I'm not a vegetarian......

Thanks for both of you reply. Will give it a watch out of curiosity and hopefully won't be traumatized.

Well I think it's a masterpiece, but I will say it's very intense
That's cool and you're allowed. I was very pissed off with how members of the crew allegedly treated the indigenous on set so I no doubt went in with a chip on my shoulder. Certainly worth a look though

The Shining
Videodrome
Possession
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Repulsion
The Exorcist
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
Them
Secuestrados
Evil Dead

I dont think I've seen that. Will put it on my list

The Shining
Videodrome
Possession
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Repulsion
The Exorcist
Them
Secuestrados
Evil Dead
videodrome ans henry portrait of a serial killer are not horror movies man. wrong thread

videodrome ans henry portrait of a serial killer are not horror movies man. wrong thread
Horror genre is the largest with the most sub genres. You're being a bit ramboish, rambo. Put your guns down, man. Not worth getting into an argy over.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I also liked the original Sleepaway Camp. While it looks like an obvious Friday the 13th style movie, it was that twist at the end of the film that just was completely jaw-dropping!

Horror genre is the largest with the most sub genres. You're being a bit ramboish, rambo. Put your guns down, man. Not worth getting into an argy over.
but it s spot on man, im not saying anythinf wrong, these movies are not horror movies at all..

but it s spot on man, im not saying anythinf wrong, these movies are not horror movies at all..
I know you're not sying nything is wrong with them. What is your definition, and do you disagree with J.A.Cuddon's definition: Horror is a genre of fiction which is intended to, or has the capacity to frighten, scare, disgust, or startle its readers or viewers by inducing feelings of horror and terror. Literary historian J. A. Cuddon has defined the horror story as "a piece of fiction in prose of variable length... which shocks or even frightens the reader, or perhaps induces a feeling of repulsion or loathing".[1] It creates an eerie and frightening atmosphere. Horror is frequently supernatural, though it can be non-supernatural. Often the central menace of a work of horror fiction can be interpreted as a metaphor for the larger fears of a society.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Yeah, rambond has always been really strict about what is a horror movie and what isn't.

Apparently, The Silence of the Lambs isn't a real horror movie...

Yeah, rambond has always been really strict about what is a horror movie and what isn't.

Apparently, The Silence of the Lambs isn't a real horror movie...
I just go with it. I dont find supernatural the least bit scary so I'm all for sub genres.

I know you're not sying nything is wrong with them. What is your definition, and do you disagree with J.A.Cuddon's definition: Horror is a genre of fiction which is intended to, or has the capacity to frighten, scare, disgust, or startle its readers or viewers by inducing feelings of horror and terror. Literary historian J. A. Cuddon has defined the horror story as "a piece of fiction in prose of variable length... which shocks or even frightens the reader, or perhaps induces a feeling of repulsion or loathing".[1] It creates an eerie and frightening atmosphere. Horror is frequently supernatural, though it can be non-supernatural. Often the central menace of a work of horror fiction can be interpreted as a metaphor for the larger fears of a society.
horror movies are classified specifically in the genre named: horror/thriller, movies like insidious, the conjuring, the witch, dead silence, just to name a few, these are the horror thrillers we should be talking about and not the crime thrillers which many are mixing up,
we can get into those the genre called: horror/scifi/thriller, i will accept movies like videodrome mentioned, this is fine, but silence of the lambs???? seriously?

Check out The Borderlands/The Final Prayer