The "It was THAT actor???" thread

Tools    

Are you serious? a) you couldn't discern that for yourself and b) it took all these years?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
A lot of times for me it's the opposite and I think it's an actor from something else, but then it turns out it's not.

Are you serious? a) you couldn't discern that for yourself and b) it took all these years?

You know, who's to say you haven't made a similar mistake before?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

I didn't realize Richard Jenkins was in Bone Tomahawk until his name came up in the credits.

Suspect's Reviews

She was onscreen for five whole minutes before I recognized Allison Janney in Bombshell...a great example of why the film won the hair and makeup Oscar...John Lithgow is pretty much unrecognizable in the same film.

For years, I had this experience with Gary Oldman.

For years, I had this experience with Gary Oldman.

Couldn't agree more...right now, probably Hollywood's greatest chameleon...the guy looks completely different in every movie he makes...if his name hadn't appeared above the credits, I never would have known that was him playing Winston Churchhill in Darkest Hour

Wait until you find out that they guy who played John Rambo is the same guy who played Rocky Balboa! Mind = BLOWN.

Wait until you realize the joke died a long time ago.

The Thing (from The Thing from Another World - 1951) was actually "Marshal Dillon"?

And "Marshal Dillon" was actually the older brother of secret agent "Jim Phelps"???

Son of a ****buckets no one told me Bill from Kill Bill was the Kung Fu guy!
And no one told me that "Budd" was the sadistic "Mr. Blonde!" from Reservoir Dogs!
Or that "Elle Driver" was that mermaid chick!
Or that "O-Ren" was that Asian girl from Ally McBeal!
Or that "Vernita Green" was Will Smith's girlfriend when the aliens invaded!

I posted this at our last forum but I remember my mind being blown when I found out Bennett from Commando

was also Wez from the Road Warrior.