Face/Off remake

Tools    

https://deadline.com/2019/09/face-of...ge-1202729685/

"Paramount Pictures is giving a face lift to Face/Off, the 1997 John Woo-directed action thriller that starred John Travolta and Nicolas Cage. The studio will reboot the film, with new cast. Oren Uziel has been set to write the script, and Neal Moritz will produce and David Permut will be executive producer."

Welcome to the human race...
I'm conflicted on this one. I don't love the original but I can't deny that it's such a singular beast of a film that I can barely imagine any remake doing it justice or coming up with an angle that could match or supplant the over-the-top nature of the Woo/Cage/Travolta version.

The plot really only works in the context of a bonkers John Woo film with Cage and Travolta going over the deep end acting wise I'd say, can't imagine a remake will recapture that.

This is ****. It will be horrendous and a major flop.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

if its not directed by john woo, im out of it enough said

The plot really only works in the context of a bonkers John Woo film with Cage and Travolta going over the deep end acting wise I'd say, can't imagine a remake will recapture that.
bonkers john woo film? have u been drinking?, it s one of the best action movies of the 90s, wake up bru

Welcome to the human race...
bonkers john woo film? have u been drinking?, it s one of the best action movies of the 90s, wake up bru
When one of the first images in your movie is Nic Cage dressed as a priest headbanging and grabbing ass while Handel's "Messiah" plays in the background, I think it's only fair to call it "bonkers" regardless of its overall quality.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I thought this was awesome when I was younger, watched again a few months back and its absolute dog ****.

The truth is in here
Face/Off is one of my favorite cult movies from the 90's. It's so gloriously over-the-top with great performances by John Travolta and Nicolas Cage, plus some genuinely well-directed and fun action scenes. It falls into the category of "controlled mayhem", where you shouldn't take anything in it too seriously, but it's not without any talent behind it.

Piss off, Paramount. Leave it alone.