Song Tournament # 8 The Mega Tournament

Tools    

But I was sorta feeling like Godoggo and the others who think there's just been too many old songs from like the 1960's winning these things.
And yet you voted for People are Strange.

Not that I have a problem with you voting for People are Strange.

And yet you voted for People are Strange.
Do you know what pisses me off? I realized last night that "People Are Strange" isn't even sung by The Doors in The Lost Boys. It's a version by Echo & The Bunnymen. And it sounds horrible compared to The Doors' version. I thought I was voting for this song because it's in The Lost Boys, and actually, it's not!

But whatever. I still think it's ultimately the better song.

Though, if more people start voting for The Cranberries, I might be tempted to change my vote at the last minute.

We should have a song tournament where only me, Godoggo, and JJ can nominate songs.

Let the night air cool you off
I have an idea:

Tag Team Song Tournament

you don't vote for a single song, but instead the pair of songs. Now this can either be done by one person putting two songs together or by pairing up members and then their songs are paired up.

I have an idea:

Tag Team Song Tournament

you don't vote for a single song, but instead the pair of songs. Now this can either be done by one person putting two songs together or by pairing up members and then their songs are paired up.
Ehh... I'm not sure how this would work out. Also, it seems like it's putting more emphasis on just winning the tournament yourself than for voting for an actual song that is the best.

I just think it's an interesting way to make people decide whether certain songs are good enough to carry a song they don't like. It would make the voting process more interesting to me.

I just think it's an interesting way to make people decide whether certain songs are good enough to carry a song they don't like. It would make the voting process more interesting to me.
It could be done. It could be good.

Maybe put some limitations on how things are done, maybe some requirements have to be met before songs can be paired. Some kind of commonality between the songs.

Well, not long ago, I had an idea where two people nominate songs together.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Nothing against Derek, but it annoys me that he keeps doing so well in these tournaments. After all, this is a guy who thinks Linkin Park is one of the greatest bands of all time. He also said that Limp Bizkit's version of "Behind Blue Eyes" is better than The Who's version. I've seen him express all sorts of terrible opinions about music in these threads, yet we continue to enable him by voting for his nominations.

With that said, however, I vote for The Doors- "People Are Strange." I hate to do so, since it will give Derek another win and The Doors have already won one of these tournaments, but The Doors is one of my favorite bands. I used to have a Jim Morrison poster in my bedroom, and I own all of their CDs. "People Are Strange" isn't one of their best songs, but I definitely prefer it to "Zombie."

I never would've thought that these would be the last two songs standing. It's strange how these things turn out. I bet we could re-do this tournament and just switch up the match-ups and we'd get a completely different winner every time.
You know what? I am almost tempted to take these exact same nominations and do it all over again, but with gbgoodies suggestion. Instead of voting in pairs, I would list 32 songs and everyone would give me a list of the 16 songs they want to move forward in what order. Then the 16 songs with the most points would move forward. If nothing else it would be an interesting experiment to see how the results vary.

You could try that, but I would rather nominate new stuff if you do.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
You could try that, but I would rather nominate new stuff if you do.
I understand that but you wouldn't be able to judge the comparisons. I would really be interested in how much the results vary. With all new nominations we will never know.

I personally don't really care about an alternate Song Tournament 8 result. I think it would just take away the magic and the fun of how this tournament turned out.

It's just an experiment, and an interesting idea. I'd be fine with it, it would take no time at all since we've already listened to all the songs.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
You know what? I am almost tempted to take these exact same nominations and do it all over again, but with gbgoodies suggestion. Instead of voting in pairs, I would list 32 songs and everyone would give me a list of the 16 songs they want to move forward in what order. Then the 16 songs with the most points would move forward. If nothing else it would be an interesting experiment to see how the results vary.
That would be cool. Do that!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I haven't been online all day because our whole neighborhood hasn't had power all day today, so I'm just now reading this, but I'm glad to see that someone is listening to my suggestion. Personally, I think it would be more interesting to see how the results differ in the Movie Song Tournament because that tournament was run so rushed, and many people didn't get a chance to vote. (Sorry SC. )

BTW, if the votes haven't been calculated in this tournament yet, my vote is for The Doors - People Are Strange.