Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer
Baise Moi
Dog Bites Dog
Romper Stomper
Thriller: A Cruel Picture
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
House Of A Thousand Zombies
High Tension

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I don't know if I have seen that many films that I would describe as 'ultra-violent'. Even 'A Clockwork Orange', which had the word 'ultra-violent' on its poster, I would hesitate to classify as such, as I think there are much more violent films these days - gorno etc.

Do you want to define it for us, or is that supposed to be open to interpretation?

The first films which spring to mind are Kill Bill and The Passion of the Christ, and maybe Oldboy, but I may get back to you with a 'top ten' later.

If you are interested, there already is a thread about 'what is the most violent movie you have ever seen' where posters debate what 'most violent' means to them.

I don't know if I have seen that many films that I would describe as 'ultra-violent'. Even 'A Clockwork Orange', which had the word 'ultra-violent' on its poster, I would hesitate to classify as such, as I think there are much more violent films these days - gorno etc.

Do you want to define it for us, or is that supposed to be open to interpretation?

The first films which spring to mind are Kill Bill and The Passion of the Christ, and maybe Oldboy, but I may get back to you with a 'top ten' later.

If you are interested, there already is a thread about 'what is the most violent movie you have ever seen' where posters debate what 'most violent' means to them.
If you've seen any of the ten in my list you would know what I mean. The violence is very graphic and defines the movie. For me for violence to work it has to be realistic.

Hmm, judging by the movies you listed I'd recommend Tsui Hark's Don't Play With Fire. I hesitated to mention it though because it's pretty obvious that they actually killed some animals to make that film (mice and a cat). this review is what made me want to track the movie down in the first place (not sure why but since I first read it they seem to have broken the review into 4 pages). I can't really write a better review than that so there you go.

Um, but not in terms of blood or anything, but in terms of the violence being very difficult to watch in the context of the movie, I found three scenes in Shohei Imamura's remake of The Ballad of Narayama pretty unbearable (though I'm not going to say which scenes. You'll have to watch the movie.)

Um, but not in terms of blood or anything, but in terms of the violence being very difficult to watch in the context of the movie, I found three scenes in Shohei Imamura's remake of The Ballad of Narayama pretty unbearable (though I'm not going to say which scenes. You'll have to watch the movie.)
I own Imamura's Vengeance Is Mine, a well made movie about a (serial) killer and Imamura's latest ,2009 Lost Memories, which I didn't lake that much.

Has anyone seen Chinese movies Untold Story and Untold Story 2, perfect examples of what I mean by ultra-violent?

I own Imamura's Vengeance Is Mine, a well made movie about a (serial) killer and Imamura's latest ,2009 Lost Memories, which I didn't lake that much.
According to IMDB he didn't direct 2009 Lost Memories but appears as it in an actor. You sure he directed it?

I like Vengeance is Mine a lot, not sure if that's my favorite Imamura film any more but it's up there. I think The Eel is kind of similar to 'Vengeance' but oddly more mellow and optimistic. Worth seeing though. Profound Desire of the Gods is another favorite but much harder to find.

According to IMDB he didn't direct 2009 Lost Memories but appears as it in an actor. You sure he directed it?

You might be right, I know he appeared in it and asumed he directed it. It was a Korean movie, so the director is probably Korean. I have the Eel. Good movie.

High Tension was brutal but beautiful.

Pulp Fiction
Natural Born Killers
Goodfellas
Ichi The Killer
American History X
Fargo

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Here's mine in no particular order:
Irreversible
Thriller: A Cruel Picture
Gotta love those rape films.

Suspect's Reviews

House of Wax
Chainsaw Massacre
Hills have Eye

House of Wax
Chainsaw Massacre
Hills have Eye
how do you find those movies.,

If you've seen any of the ten in my list you would know what I mean. The violence is very graphic and defines the movie. For me for violence to work it has to be realistic.
Reservoir Dogs is as violent as they come. But I've seen too much real violence to want to see it play-acted in the movies. And nothing on screen is ever as "realistic" as a real corpse.

A system of cells interlinked
how do you find those movies.,
Easy. Head down to the store and buy a copy. Although, I wouldn't buy many of the films in this thread...