Korean Movies

Tools    

I'm a big fan of (South) Korean movies. Let me introduce some for your viewing pleasure: Taegugki - The Brotherhood Of War, Shiri, Address Unknown, Public Enemy, Memories Of Murder, Friend, Fighter In The Wind, City Of Violence, Blood Ties, Old Boy, Cut Runs Deep, A Bittersweet Life, Simpathy For Mr. Vengeance, Simpathy For Lady Vengeance, Volcano High, Silmido, JSA, Blue, Coast Guard, The President's Last Bang. If anyone is interested I have more.

Silmido is possibly the worst piece of Korean crap I've ever seen (no I'm sorry that would be Sunflower and The Peter Pan formula). No wonder someone on IMDB had said that Michael Bay is the greatest influence on Korean cinema. Taegukgi isn't far behind.

That said, I think it's the best Asian cinematography by far right now.

Along with Shiri, Memories of Murder (I'm told that Host is also very good but I'm not a big fan of monster movies), Bloody tie ( I'm sure that's what you meant), A bittersweet life, everything Chan-wook Park has ever done, I'd highly recommend anything by Chang-dong Lee, especially Peppermint candy, Bin-jip (one of my all time favorites, absolutely stunning) and Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring from Kim Ki Duk ( Time was a piece of crap)...

I probably forgot something...

I liked The Host a lot but and it's pretty well made but wouldn't actually rate it, if that makes sense.

Also add- A Tale of Two Sisters, Save The Green Planet.

Put me in your pocket...

The only one I've seen is The Way Home(Jibeuro) (2002) and I loved it. Very sweet character driven story. It might be slow for some, but may be the right cup of tea for others.

Has anyone seen Ditto Donggam (2000) or Painted Fire(Chihwaseon) (2002)?
If so, what did you think of them?

My favorite, so far, is Windstruck....

I think you would like it Annie....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I liked The Host a lot but and it's pretty well made but wouldn't actually rate it, if that makes sense.
Actually that does make sense, I took it for what it was, good fun and a kinda weird looking monster.

On the Kim Ki Duk front I haven't seen any of his other films but I really enjoyed The Bow, no clue what the Korean translation is so if it has already been mentioned go ahead and insert joke here...

I enjoyed Shiri. Also Tell Me Something, while maybe not a great film was a pretty good look into the Koreans way of doing a crime procedural and I enjoyed it.

My favorite, so far, is Windstruck....

I think you would like it Annie....
nice pick caitlyn.. I enjoyed watching this flick too...

Yeah, I have Painted Fire. I enjoyed it as a good period piece. Windstruck I haven't seen yet. I'll try to get it. I just got Musa The Warrior.

I thought Old Boy was one of ther best movies i have ever seen. In fact isn't Nicolas Cage trying to get an American Adaptation made?

Yeah, I have Painted Fire. I enjoyed it as a good period piece. Windstruck I haven't seen yet. I'll try to get it. I just got Musa The Warrior.
I recommend this movie for you to watch... it's really a good one..

Chingoo and President's Last Bang are the best I've seen so far. My Sassy Girl has its charm.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Save The Green Planet

I like the Movie Volcano High even though the fight wasn't that great, it is very amusing movie funny....very funny!!!..

My List:

1. Desert Dream
2. Punch Lady
3. Shadows in the Palace
4. In Between Days
5. Someone Behind You

My favorite Korean romance melodrama film is Ditto. Second is Il Mare. And if you are looking for a nice psychological thriller, watch A Tale of Two Sisters.

Just attempted to watch Host. Gave up after the first 15 minutes. They couldn't make thei mind up if they wanted to be a comedy or a horror monster) movie. As it was, the movie was just plain goofy.

Movie Forums Extra
one of the movies i've watche is sassy girl. I'm not sure though if it's korean but i like it. funny and romantic

Just attempted to watch Host. Gave up after the first 15 minutes. They couldn't make thei mind up if they wanted to be a comedy or a horror monster) movie. As it was, the movie was just plain goofy.
Yeah, the mix of comedy and monster had me at an awkward end as well but then again, Memories of Murder also implied a similar style.