The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sad news folks. Our good buddy Mortimer has passed on. He was also known as Bert, Shmert, Beebert, Shmorty, and Kitty Gar-smeet-bo-tot.

Morty lived to be 18 years old, bringing my family years of joy and companionship, He will be greatly missed.

I'm so sorry to hear about Morty. He was a beautiful cat. It sounds like he lived a long and happy life with you and your family.

A system of cells interlinked
Thank you for the kind words, everyone.

There is an artist, Jenny Jinya who did a sad cartoon covering it. Brought me to tears.
Of course, her cartoons always bring me to tears
I love a man who loves animals. And a man who cries.

Thank you for the kind words, everyone.
Don’t forget there’s a million kitties in shelters waiting for a new home.

I copped that chore coat off eBay the other day. It even has a removable wool liner.

I wasn’t crazy about it at first but I mainly got it for range days. But I dunno. It is really growing on me. Might even win out as my new favorite jacket.
Who knew you are on trend?

Task Rabbit, Meet Chore Coat
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/s...e=articleShare

You ready? You look ready.
Who knew you are on trend?

Task Rabbit, Meet Chore Coat
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/s...e=articleShare
Oh, I knew. I am a trendsetter.

I do follow fashion quite a bit so I usually know what's in and what's not, and I am also pretty good about guessing what will be the next big thing. Of course, I rarely ever adopt new trends. I am not one to follow the in crowd or fab fashion, and I have always blazed my own path: how else can you explain the 20+ Members Only jackets in my closet?

But yeah, I had a feeling chore coats were going to make a comeback this fall/winter, and I had always wanted one. It is very much my style: laid back and ready to get dirty.

Speaking of fashion and Members Only:

I have those boots, too! ^^^
Haha, great minds! I used to hate on Eddie Bauer’s footwear but I finally picked up a pair of mesh chukkas and those boots: I have been pleasantly surprised by both. The above boots are especially great on cold/wet days.

I still prefer my 5.11 ATAC boots but they don’t make those with insulation.

Yeah, I don't own any other gear from 5.11 besides the two pair of boots I have, but I used to have a pair of Class A pants when I worked at the hotel. They were the most professional pair of pants I have ever worn. Never showed the slightest bit of fading and even had a rubber backing in the waistband that prevented my shirt from coming untucked. Then I lost weight and I was swimming in them.

Suffice to say, I have nothing but good things to say about 5.11.

But these days, when it comes to bookbags, I only buy Samsonite or Timbuk2. Which 5.11 bag are you looking at?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
Which 5.11 bag are you looking at?
The LV18 in natural colors. This bag will be used strictly out in the field for outdoors/woods activities. I have a smaller urban pack for my around town use, but we need a bag that is a bit larger to hike with, as we have to have enough room for our gear, as well as toddler stuff.

I have a larger overnight pack (A Teton Explorer 4000) but that is too big for day hikes.

The LV18 in natural colors. This bag will be used strictly out in the field for outdoors/woods activities. I have a smaller urban pack for my around town use, but we need a bag that is a bit larger to hike with, as we have to have enough room for our gear, as well as toddler stuff.

I have a larger overnight pack (A Teton Explorer 4000) but that is too big for day hikes.
Nice choice. I also have a 30L day/weekend outdoor pack with an internal frame, but it is from Bergans of Norway: 30L should be ample space for 3 people on a day hike, though.

I also have an external frame pack from Kelty, but I am not sure the capacity. It is probably closer to 50L. I haven’t used that one in years, but I would be remiss to get rid of it since it is so hard to find packs with external frames these days.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The pic is outdated. He looks like a woodcutter now.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Me, looking at the picture before reading the post: Haha yeah quarantine haircut for sure.

Swan: BEFORE QUARANTINE
I think I found a photo of myself from August. Hold on...