Need Funny Movies Please

Tools    

"Funny" is way too broad a term. Can you narrow it down by telling us what some of your all-time favorite comedies are? This will better help gauge your taste and thus allow us to make better recommendations.

Also, are you just looking for "new" releases, things from the past six months or so, or do you want recommendations for older and classic comedies as well?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Actually I see in your favorites South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, Monthy Python's The Meaning of Life and Holy Grail, Juno, and (sadly) Scary Movie 3.

'Kay.

If you liked Juno I'd recommend Rushmore, Say Anything..., Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Amélie, Ghost World, Breaking Away, Diner (1982), High Fidelity, Addicted to Love, Modern Romance, Hear My Song, Once and Little Miss Sunshine.

For more of a South Parkish sensibility I'd say Dogma, The Dark Backward, Parents (1989) Raising Arizona and Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

For your Python itch (other than the other Monty Python flicks), maybe How to Get Ahead in Advertising, A Fish Called Wanda, After Hours, Quick Change, Grosse Pointe Blank, Schizopolis, Delicatessen, Time Bandits, The Hudsucker Proxy, Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy, The Freshman (1990), The In-Laws (1979) Young Frankenstein and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

HERE is one of many threads listing people's favorite comedies.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

My life isn't written very well.
Mrs. Doubtfire is always a good stand by if you don't know what to watch.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Meet The Fockers makes me laugh...

I agree r3port3r66. Mrs. Doubtfire is an everyday kind of movie, that is still really funny.

Fast Times is a good movie. But if you're looking for a comedy then Say Anything is NOT the movie you want. It's a great movie but not a true comedy.

How about Office Space, Dazed and Confused, or PCU.

They should fit the bill.

http://truemoviereview.com/top-10s/t...is-summer-2008

Brutally honest movie reviews
just go rent AMERICAN MOVIE and call it a day. you will have a new fav. let me know what you think about it.

The Big Lebowski should fit your bill.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
As for 3 EPIC comedies,

just go rent AMERICAN MOVIE and call it a day. you will have a new fav. let me know what you think about it.

Truedude: I gave your little sig link a chance, I figured hey why not? You are very lazy and you are very hateful, I quote you from your spammed site:

Sadly, all Roy got was a short blip on the news letting America know of his passing. Yet, today I read the 100th news article on Heath Ledger. He’s everywhere. Come on people! Heath Ledger! Don’t get me wrong, Heath Ledger was in a movie I enjoyed. I thought he was great in Lords of Dogtown. But, that was it. His filmography includes nearly a dozen pieces of **** such as 10 Things I Hate About You, The Patriot, A Knights Tale, Ned Kelly, and The Brothers Grimm. I know people are going to say that Heath Ledger’s death was more tragic because he died before his time. But you know what? **** that! I mean, we’re talking about Police Chief Martin Brody here. All Heath Ledgers going to be remembered for is playing a gay cowboy.

Classy, I must say....classy. Spread your hate somewhere else dude.

Truedude: I gave your little sig link a chance, I figured hey why not? You are very lazy and you are very hateful, I quote you from your spammed site:

Sadly, all Roy got was a short blip on the news letting America know of his passing. Yet, today I read the 100th news article on Heath Ledger. He’s everywhere. Come on people! Heath Ledger! Don’t get me wrong, Heath Ledger was in a movie I enjoyed. I thought he was great in Lords of Dogtown. But, that was it. His filmography includes nearly a dozen pieces of **** such as 10 Things I Hate About You, The Patriot, A Knights Tale, Ned Kelly, and The Brothers Grimm. I know people are going to say that Heath Ledger’s death was more tragic because he died before his time. But you know what? **** that! I mean, we’re talking about Police Chief Martin Brody here. All Heath Ledgers going to be remembered for is playing a gay cowboy.

Classy, I must say....classy. Spread your hate somewhere else dude.
Oh hell no, you did not just bring up the Patriot, you better run.

Hey hey...like The Catcher in a Rye: I was just quoting.
No, true"dudes" better run. I'm surprised he didn't like it, so many exploding heads!

Originally Posted by Lennon
No, true"dudes" better run. I'm surprised he didn't like it, so many exploding heads!
I'm going to explode his head in a minute.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm surprised "true dudes" is even still around. Such an obvious troll, he's probably lurking under a bridge somewhere, waiting to pop out and say something rude and ignorant to get a rise out of people...and also eat some billy goats.