People you know who are in a film

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oh, one more! When they were filming the Mel Gibson film Mrs. Soffel in downtown Pittsburgh, at the old prison down there, they needed a snow scene, but it was the middle of May. I remember driving past the closed-off street where they were filming, windows down and the sky sunny, but looking left and seeing tons of fake snow tumbling out of the sky from these huge machines positioned over the prison. Cool! (But not literally!)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Might I be the first to applaud your restraint
You mean you applaud his "restraint".

All this?

It's just that those are some mighty big names you're throwing around there. Surely you expected a little skepticism? What if the shoe were on the proverbial other foot?

As for the last two sentences, don't be such a drama queen.
" Mighty big names you are throwing around " ??????
" Drama queen" ?????The only queen I see is you. Now go run along and play with your Starwars chum and change that silly cosume you are wearing. It's laughable.

They are just typos. I don't know of a name Rober, clearly the t left out at the end is a fast writing typo. Bob's last name is Duvall, so I don't know what you arer talking about there. Whers is the mistake in The Raging Bull, you mean beacause I included The in the Title? And I misspeled Midnight instead of Midnight so shoot me. Furthermore I don't know of anybody that's particularly proud of having done any extra work and to know a celebrity is no big deal. You have no clue who I am or what I've done. It's mistakenly envious nits like you that really piss me off, but I don't really care if you believe it or not and if you don't appreciate my participation on these threads, that's fine too. I was hoping to learn something here and offer my two cents but the only thing I'm learning so far is that I can do without all this small minded b.s. Have a nice day and go play with your Starwars chums. You so clearly belong in that world.
Wow, chill out. Firstly, I don't know if you see the irony (and contradiction) in ranting about how I "have no clue" who you are, and then proceeding to draw far more conclusions about me than I drew about you. Practice what you preach, and I'll be more inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Secondly, do you have any idea how many people lie on the Internet? Answer: a whole lot. It's all too easy. It's entirely possible that everything you said is true, but, all other things being equal, it isn't likely, so I expressed skepticism. I'm not going to apologize for knowing better than to simply believe every wild claim I hear on the web. Maybe you're telling the truth, and maybe you're not. Most people on the Internet who say these sorts of things are not.

Now, had I spoken to you more harshly, I'd understand this sort of reaction, but you should expect skepticism in this medium when you toss things out like that. If your first reaction is to blow your top (and become guilty of the same things you're complaining about), I daresay you'll need thicker skin to enjoy yourself here.

Wow, chill out. Firstly, I don't know if you see the irony (and contradiction) in ranting about how I "have no clue" who you are, and then proceeding to draw far more conclusions about me than I drew about you. Practice what you preach, and I'll be more inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt.{quote}

What concusions that I drew about you are you talking about?

Secondly, do you have any idea how many people lie on the Internet? Answer: a whole lot. It's all too easy. It's entirely possible that everything you said is true, but, all other things being equal, it isn't likely, so I expressed skepticism. I'm not going to apologize for knowing better than to simply believe every wild claim I hear on the web. Maybe you're telling the truth, and maybe you're not. Most people on the Internet who say these sorts of things are not. {qutote}

Why would I lie about doing extra work? Why would anybody feel that's something special? It pays less than minimum wage and is considred the bottom of the barrel in film work. So why make an issue out of that, unless you have some hidden agenda or personal dislike?

Now, had I spoken to you more harshly, I'd understand this sort of reaction, but you should expect skepticism in this medium when you toss things out like that. If your first reaction is to blow your top (and become guilty of the same things you're complaining about), I daresay you'll need thicker skin to enjoy yourself here.
I don't know about you, but in my world when you try to make a liar out of someone, even if it might be over an insignificant matter, that's harsh enough to warrant action and response. If you feel thretened by my knowledge or associations you still don't need to impune my character unless you don't care about making enemies.

It's mistakenly envious nits like you that really piss me off, but I don't really care if you believe it or not and if you don't appreciate my participation on these threads,
It seems you do care or you wouldn't be so upset
Yoda is no nit i have a lot of respect for him This is his site

I was hoping to learn something here and offer my two cents but the only thing I'm learning so far is that I can do without all this small minded b.s. Have a nice day and go play with your Starwars chums. You so clearly belong in that world.
Why are you so angry if you stay around you will learn something even if it is, how to control your temper

It seems you do care or you wouldn't be so upset
Yoda is no nit i have a lot of respect for him This is his site

Why are you so angry if you stay around you will learn something even if it is, how to control your temper
I'm angry because I thought this is a movie forum and not some juvenile chat room.
I didn't make some outrageos claim and am offended that someone would go out of their way to cast doubt on a personal simple fact that I stated, therby impuning my character.
It appeared to be a personal attack and I questioned the motives and responded accordingly. I have not yet received an apology.

I'm not going to impugn your character. Do you realize that this is a forum for people who enjoy movies from totally different perspectives? Sure, there are some youngsters here, but there are several people who are among the most-informed I've ever found anywhere. We want to welcome you here, but it has been difficult. No, you don't have to provide any credentials to participate, but we are somewhat circumspect when your posts seem hastily presented and not proofread. But ignore that for now; it's no biggie.

I have a personal question. What are your five favorite movies pre-1960? I realize that it's not that important, but I figured that you must have some, and I wasn't sure that I'd seen them elsewhere. I'm asking because I'm truly interested and want to discuss them with you.

P.S. We're on your side because we're on the side of honest sharing of the love of movies.

" Mighty big names you are throwing around " ??????
" Drama queen" ?????The only queen I see is you. Now go run along and play with your Starwars chum and change that silly cosume you are wearing. It's laughable.
The only one being juvenile is you. Grow up or go spread your infantile blathering elsewhere. Or better yet, stay. I'm enjoying laughing at your ridiculous claims.

I am half agony, half hope.
My husband was an extra in North and South. Don't blink, you'll miss him. He does brag about sharing conversation with Morgan Fairchild.

My son's friend Zach, has a dad that's a producer I think. His name is Ty Warren. He's done Rat Race and Transformers. His son and my son have a part as extras looking out a window as a tank went by. We haven't seen the movie yet to see if they're still in it, or on the cutting room floor.

Johann von Goethe

I think I was an extra in Jaws 2, but cannot be sure. I was also in a commercial for a local Waterslide in the late 70's on Pensacola Beach, FL.. I was a fill-in bodyguard for Barbara Eden once, and by God I met Bill Clinton AND George Bush Sr. Met a few others, but nothing they would remember. Roy Jones Jr. and Emmit Smith and Rick Flair have been in my store here in Pensacola. I do remember Roy asking if I carried goat milk, I had no clue where he was going with that - I run a computer repair shop? Oh well was fun NTL.

I have two close friends who are in the TV version of "East of Eden". They're in the basketball gym scene. Both times you see them, they're pretty much blatantly obvious, but they have this kinda "glassy-eyed, why-am-I-here?" look which certainly doesn't convey the book's period. Even so, they are recorded for posterity.

The only one being juvenile is you. Grow up or go spread your infantile blathering elsewhere. Or better yet, stay. I'm enjoying laughing at your ridiculous claims.
Here, I'm going to enjoy making an idiot out of you. How about I just attach my old SAG working resume. You will notice that extra work is not even included as it is not considered sufficiently relevant.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0007.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	387.8 KB
ID:	5917  

I have a personal question. What are your five favorite movies pre-1960? I realize that it's not that important, but I figured that you must have some, and I wasn't sure that I'd seen them elsewhere. I'm asking because I'm truly interested and want to discuss them with you.

P.S. We're on your side because we're on the side of honest sharing of the love of movies.
Ben Hur
From Here to Eternity
High Noon
A Street Car Named Desire
Casablanca

Here, I'm going to enjoy making an idiot out of you. How about I just attach my old SAG working resume. You will notice that extra work is not even included as it is not considered sufficiently relevant.

I do not think anyone cares about your 'Sag" credentials be it true or not. An ******* is an *******.. All I got ta say.

I do not think anyone cares about your 'Sag" credentials be it true or not. An ******* is an *******.. All I got ta say.
Well, here's looking at you!

I don't know about you, but in my world when you try to make a liar out of someone, even if it might be over an insignificant matter, that's harsh enough to warrant action and response.
...and in my world, expressing skepticism is different from making a liar out of someone. Go read my post again: I asked a couple rhetorical questions, and then said: "I'm sure you can understand my skepticism." It was a good deal more tempered and measured than your response (and each response since).

If you feel thretened by my knowledge or associations you still don't need to impune my character unless you don't care about making enemies.
What could I possibly find threatening by the idea that you may know Robert Duvall? To the contrary, as the owner of a movie forum I'd very much like to believe that one of my posters knows an actor of his stature. I've just learned to have a healthy amount of skepticism about these sorts of claims.

I'm angry because I thought this is a movie forum and not some juvenile chat room.
So, people doubt the claim from an anonymous poster that they're friends with a movie star, and it's suddenly a "juvenile chat room"? That's quite a leap.

I didn't make some outrageos claim and am offended that someone would go out of their way to cast doubt on a personal simple fact that I stated, therby impuning my character.
It appeared to be a personal attack and I questioned the motives and responded accordingly. I have not yet received an apology.
Nor will you; I'm not going to apologize for simply being skeptical of your claim. You did not respond "accordingly." You responded by doing the very thing you were upset about several times over, and with much harsher language. And then you did the same thing to anyone who suggested you were overreacting.

Congratulations: you have a scanner. I'm not sure what a scanned piece of paper is supposed to prove. Nevertheless, you've missed the entire point, which is not about whether or not what you say is true, but whether or not it's reasonable of people to doubt it.

The bottom line is this: If you can't concede the obvious point that that it's healthy to be skeptical of claims by anonymous people on internet message boards, then there's really no point in continuing this discussion. Ditto if you're going to keep referring to my post as if it were some sort of character assassination, rather than the tremendously low-key skepticism that it was.