We Are Aussies.

Tools    

I have to tell you it was like being in a European country or other.
Huh? You do know Wales is in Europe?

I actually became quite an accomplished swimmer at school and was regularly chosen as part of the school team, I favoured freestyle or "the crawl" as it was known.
Swimming was compulsory and part of the curriculum and I really enjoyed it. There were four levels of achievement third class, second class, first class and advanced, you would get a certificate for passing each level[/quote]
For the ill informed the "crawl" is short for the Australian Crawl swimming style first used professionally by the Australian champion swimmer, Richmond "Dick" Cavill and later perfected and popularised by another Aussie.. swim champ /film siren Annette Kellerman. (below)

Australia has a proud history in swimming. Second only to the US our nation has won 58 Olympic Gold medals for the sport. The very first Australian Olympic swimming champion was Frederick Lane winning two individual gold medals at the 1900 event.. Women's events were added at the 1912 Olympic Games in Stockholm, with Fanny Durack and ‘Mina’ Wylie..Australia's first female representatives, winning gold and silver in the 100m freestyle. Further Olympic champs followed in Andrew "Boy" Charlton (1924/32), Murray Rose, Jon Henricks (56/60) Dawn Fraser (56/64) Michael Wenden (68) Shane Gould (72) Suzie O'Neil, Kieren Perkins (92/2000) Ian Thorpe (2000/4 Grant Hackett ( 2000/8) Libby Lenton/Trickett (2004/12). In mho Shane Gould, Ian Thorpe and Dawn Fraser are the three finest swimmers Australia has produced. Their records back up that. Cate Campbell may eclipse all of them by career end.

Ian Thorpe.. Australia's most prolific medal-winner.

I'm Anthony, a Frenchman in France.
"According to the centre, each year Australia wastes 40 per cent of the food it produces and individual households throw away nearly $4,000 of unused food."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-...ssues/10422314

Thoughts?

"According to the centre, each year Australia wastes 40 per cent of the food it produces and individual households throw away nearly $4,000 of unused food."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-...ssues/10422314

Thoughts?
Doesnt every First World country?

I'm Anthony, a Frenchman in France.
The Aussie thread is dying. Most Americans are interested in much outside their own space...shame really.

Well, this thread has reached 10 pages. 10 pages about Oz and Aussies. Not that bad, isn't it? This thread could have died earlier.

Great Barrier Reef: thoughts?

The Aussie thread is dying. Most Americans are interested in much outside their own space...shame really.
Or most of what you're posting just isn't terribly conducive to discussion.

Blaming other people or lashing out when some (just some!) of your threads don't receive as much activity as others is a bad look. Stop doing it.

One of my last pictures of Boris He had Cancer of the liver and passed away 2 weeks ago
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF6C987B-F04B-434A-9467-1DBF40DADD07.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	395.5 KB
ID:	53895  

Gosh, so sorry @nebbit. I know your heart feels ripped from your body, but the pain does eventually lessen. Been there, done that.

So beautiful it looks like Paradise @nebbit.

Lucky you to have this right outside your door. ! I would feel jealous, except that I feel just as astounded anytime I walk the woods and lakes and little streams that are not too far from my home. Even looking at this evening 's sky as I left the supermarket; where the clouds were billowing with the setting sun -makes me feel grateful for this lovely world.