Doctor Who

Tools    

Lost in never never land
I think that I prefer Tennent's Who to Eccleston, but I like both of them. Eccleston's was intentionally abrasive, I feel, because of the fact that his Who was the one that had to destroy Gallifry in the time war and therefore it had made him a much harder/meaner man.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Dachshunds Fear Me
I think all of the incarnations of the Doctor have had that abrasive side, so I didn't think Eccleston was any more so than the others.

He struck me as damaged goods - keeping people at arm's length while at the same time desperately needing human contact. I thought he had better chemistry with Billie Piper's Rose than Tennant did as well. And, well, I just think he's sexy. Maybe it's the ears...

George: Arthur.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Yeah, not a bad start to the new series. Tate wasn't as bad as I expected, although there were still moments where she just went 'what' like Lauren the schoolgirl. Very relieved at the suggestion that there will be no romance between them, just hope the writers stick to that because it would be beyond annoying. I get the feeling that everything happening by the police tape will come back as a bigger part of a later episode...we'll just have to wait and see...

Lost in never never land
Good second episode. I felt like it was really setting up Donna's character and developing it so that she understands the Doctor better. For her, it has always been a good thing when the Doctor saves the day, and to see that it wasn't simply a simple decision that he has to make, I think adds a new understanding for her character.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
yeah it was a pretty gd ep. loved the family of Caecilius - i studied Latin and it followed the same family right through the volcano too.

Lost in never never land
Solid new episode. It was fun to see the Ood again, nothing like an odd Ood or two in the show. Next episode Martha is back, that should be fun as well. I am curious about one comment that they've made a lot of times about the bees dying off. That obviously comes into play at some point in time further in the season, but who knows how.

Colour out of Time
We have yet to get the new series ... we havn't even seen Xmas special with Kylie Due in April

I am getting sick of every companion in the new series falling in love with the good doc and worse is that the Doc seems to return the feeling ie. Rose.

Anyone been watching Torchwood or Sarah Jane Adventures both for different audiences ... what's been the responce to them?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I am curious about one comment that they've made a lot of times about the bees dying off. That obviously comes into play at some point in time further in the season, but who knows how.
But I saw this on the news this morning, bees really are disappearing! Weird. I thought it was just something they made up!

Eccleston was a bad-ass.

A tortured,banana-loving,big-bro hating,Captain Jack Dancing,Dalek exterminating mofo.

Anyone who can watch him in the two-part finale of his series without saying he is the best doctor has a fetish for a Scottish "Oh Yes" that I just don't get.

Do we think the bees will be the Bad Wolf/Torchwood/whatever the Master's politics name was of this series?

Lost in never never land
I liked the new episode, a little more like the previous season, and it is always fun to see Martha again. I am not looking forward to the wait before the second part. I know it is only one week, but that is too long for me

Lost in never never land
Well, you are almost correct, I think.

From what I remember hearing, and this was before the fourth series started, Tennant will be around for series five, but series five is going to be a collection of made for TV movies, not episodes as Tennant is getting back into stage acting and will be only somewhat available for the fifth series, and also, RDT (or is it RTD) is only producing the movies and then is handing over the reigns to someone else.

As for this season, I think that episode six has to be the high point for me. "The Doctor's Daughter" was a great episode. It was quite classic Who and it sets up the rest of the season quite interestingly. Georgia Moffit (daughter of Peter Davidson, who played the sixth or seventh Doctor) does a very good job, and is quite cute, which certainly doesn't hurt.

loved the doctors daughter ep, got a feeling we will def be seeing her again. good to see martha again and im not ashamed to say that i cried in this ep - when his daughter died and when the Hath guy drowned

Lost in never never land
This past weeks episode wasn't up that that standard. It wasn't a bad episode as it did justice to Agatha Christie novels, but it wasn't as strong as The Doctor's Daughter. She will definitely be back for more episodes (and I could possibly see a spinoff show), but it will be exciting when she returns.

i thought the wasp and the unicorn was a little complicated, trying to play on agatha christie novels fair enough, but it didn't look all that convincing. I loved Fenella Woolgar as Agatha though, pretty good. Nice kiss between donna and the doctor too.

Lost in never never land
I don't know if you've read many (or any) Agatha Christie books, but they tend to be like the episode, so I appreciated that part of it, but I do agree, it tried a little too hard at some times in making itself confusing.

Lost in never never land
I liked the beginning to this two parter about the library. It has a pretty neat storyline to it, and I like the way that the episode started a lot, it will be interesting to see how it all works together in the end.

Lost in never never land
And the second part was even better, that was a very good way to end that episode, I won't give it away for those in the U.S., but it was a great ending. Being I am a nerd, I like it even better.

I really liked this episode, I thought we got to see the best of Donna especially when she lost the children. I hope we get to see more of River.