36.59%
15 votes
Um, no. I go with all my cool friends.
0%
0 votes
I don't really like movies
41 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You're a Genius all the time
So does anyone feel weird about going to the movies all by your lonesome? I've only done it in recent years because there's so many films I wanna check out that I know none of my friends would have any interest in seeing. If it's something I really want to see, sometimes I actually prefer going alone. But yesterday, my roommate told me that he finds it bizarre that I would go to the movies by myself. His exact words were: "What's the point?"

I don't see any problem with flying solo to my local theater, but I guess my roommate does. So do you ever go to the movies alone? There's nothing wrong with that, right? Or am I a total loser like my eleventh grade girlfriend always said I was?

I didn't used to but in recent years I've been going alone to the movies. Honestly the main reason is that I don't see my friends all that often any more and don't have too many casual acquaintances like I used to.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Considering that back in the '70s and '80s, I used to see about 200 movies a year at the theatre, I voted it was totally normal. Nowadays, it's more difficult, especially since my daughter has become a film fanatic, and I rarely have days off when my wife and daughter have to go to school. Even so, if I was in the same situation I was 20 years ago, I'd definitely see far more movies at the theatre and many of those alone.

You're a Genius all the time
I didn't used to but in recent years I've been going alone to the movies. Honestly the main reason is that I don't see my friends all that often any more and don't have too many casual acquaintances like I used to.
Yeah, I didn't mention that before, but that's another contributing factor to the increased number of lonely nights at the theater I've had lately. Even if I feel like seeing a movie with friends, there's a pretty good chance I'll be going alone anyway.

Certifiably troglodytic.
Depends on the movie's content and how much I am drawn to the subject/premise of the film. Usually, when I'm watching a film for the first time in the theater, it's most often with my wife.

Some films almost necessitate (at least initially) a viewing with friends (such as some of the Star Wars prequels, where you can have support to either rag on or BE one of the 100 Chewbaccas in the admission line, depending on who you are).

I may go to the same movie alone if I want to glean more details from it without the social distraction of friends, etc., and I'll find myself gauging the audience reaction and other psychological sets that the movie induces.

There are those who call me...Tim.
I actually quite like going to the cinema by myself. It's a nice experience, like getting away from everything for a few hours.

I don't go much nowadays, but when I did I went alone for the most part. Mostly because I live alone and have no friends...... But yeah, I think people who are serious about film don't find it strange...

I am half agony, half hope.
I voted yes. I've never minded going to the movies alone. Most of the time, I prefer it.

Johann von Goethe

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Of course. To me that seems normal. First off, I don't really think going to the movies is a great social activity, because you're basically sitting their in the dark and listening to the film, not your friends.

If it's a movie I really want to see, I almost prefer to be alone.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

No, because I don't drive. Technically I guess I could though if my parents dropped me off at the theater, but I never have. I either meet my friends there or go with my grand-mother or parents.

I never went to the movies alone, i think. But i would mind. Its just that my brother is as big a fan of movies as i am, so we go together. And also some of my friends really love to go to the movies, when i was walking with crotches, i went every day.

The cinema is very close, 10 minutes by bike. So technically i could go on my own, but there's always somebody to accompany me

And do check my "art": Deviant

Welcome to the human race...
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever gone to the movies alone.

Don't want to go to movies alone..I don't like the feeling that there's no one to share your laughter,tears or screams whenever you're watching a certain film.

I have been to the movies once alone. I felt a little embarrassed and felt paranoid that everyone was laughing at me for having no friends. It was a pretty good experience, and 3 girls asked if they could sit next to me 'cos they got scared while watching the grudge hahaha.... Actually going to the movies by yourself is awesome. I need to do that again

I remember watching a film alone, but one time only. I really go out with my friends.

I watch movies with my friends and family. I don't see myself watching movies alone in the cinema while others are enjoying their company...

Your poll didn't have a response that fit me. I can recall going alone to a movie only three times in my life. First time was in college when I was so broke I hadn't seen a movie in 3 months, I went to see a free showing of a Charlie Chaplin film at the Student Union. Some months later when I had a little cash, I walked to a downtown theater to see a film that sounded better than it was. Third time was when I had a fight with my wife and got out of the house to cool down a bit. Of the three times, the only good selection was the Chaplin film; the other two sucked swamp water.

If there's a movie that I'm not particularly interested in seeing, I'll go if someone with me--a date, wife, group of friends--wants to see it. And if it's a movie I really want to see, I like to have someone with me who I can turn to after the movie and say, "Wasn't that good!"