First Movie You Loved

Tools    

So many good movies, so little time.
Most people may not remember but I know the first movie I really loved was

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Ummm, Star Wars (1977), of course, when I was but a lad of seven and saw it in the theater - ultimately I saw it almost thirty times theatrically between '77 and '80. I had liked other movies before, but this was definitely the first one I loved.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

www.forumninja.com
The first film I loved as a child was Little Shop of Horrors (the musical).

The first film I loved as a "grown-up" (as if such a thing exists) was Dances with Wolves.

Death Is So Becoming ;>
It would have to be Santa Claus (1985). I saw this at the ripe old age of 4 and I have to say they don't make christmas and Santa Claus' movies like that anymore.

I am having a nervous breakdance
We didn't have a VCR in my house until very late so there isn't really a film from my childhood that I used to watch over and over. That came later. But of course I remember seeing films on TV that I was blown away by. A few of my earliest memories are Da no tien gu / The Monkey King (1965), Captain Blood (1935), Ivanhoe (1982), La Grande vadrouille / Don't Look Now - We're Being Shot at (1966) and The Dirty Dozen (1967).

I think the first film I kind of got obsessed with and wanted to see again and again was The Doors (1991 - Oliver Stone). It didn't make me a Doors fan as much as it made me a The Doors fan. I bought the soundtrack CD but I still don't own an original Doors album or CD. I just fell in love with the film and the whole feel of it. It was more like the music was depicting the feel of the film than the other way around. The music suited the feeling of mystique that surrounds the whole film. That's how I felt but of course it's the incredible craftmanship of Stone that actually puts visuals to the music, not the other way around. Now I haven't seen it in a while but it once was my favourite film, and probably the first film I ever called my favourite film.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by ParAnnoyed_PIXIE
It would have to be Santa Claus (1985). I saw this at the ripe old age of 4 and I have to say they don't make christmas and Santa Claus' movies like that anymore.
Ahh, I remember that one! Dudley Moore, right?

the movie i first loved that i still do, would probably be titanic, seeing as i was only 7 when i saw it
Just a dog? Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.

Originally Posted by JibberJord
the movie i first loved that i still do, would probably be titanic, seeing as i was only 7 when i saw it
No wonder it got 1.8$ Billion dollars in the Box office worldwide

Originally Posted by B-card
No wonder it got 1.8$ Billion dollars in the Box office worldwide
lol yeah, nevermind the most awards at the oscars

It was probably The Lion King

Level 2 : Farmer
Labyrinth was the first movie I ever loved and also Home Alone for my girlfriend. Since there are 2 people using this ID at this very moment.

The first movie i fell in love with, and still love to watch it every fall is Halloween Tree. Please if anyone knows a place where i can get this on DVD or VHS, i would really appreciate it if you let me know.

Level 2 : Farmer
Hi JustAnotherUsher. I found it on Amazon. Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/630...855225?ie=UTF8

Put me in your pocket...
The Fred Astaire and Ginger Roger movies...in particular...

Top Hat 1935) and Swing Time (1936).

Cinderella. As a kid i watched it daily. When i discovered Star Wars it quickly became my favorite though and now i never miss an opportunity to watch it.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
E.t.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Nothing cool, just Star Wars. Like most other guys in their 30s...

when i was about 6 or 7 years old i really loved jurassic park, before that it was cinderella.