Quote of the Day

Tools    

Caity, have you read The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery?

I have... but it was many many moons ago... when I was too young to properly appreciate it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see."

- Leonardo da Vinci

I am half agony, half hope.
"Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power. "

~Clint Eastwood

Johann von Goethe

Aunt May: He knows a hero when he sees one. Too few characters out there, flying around like that, saving old girls like me. And Lord knows, kids like Henry need a hero. Courageous, self-sacrificing people. Setting examples for all of us. Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them how to hold on a second longer. I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams.

You must do the things you think you cannot do.- Eleanor Roosevelt

Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, and were tender with you, and stood aside for you? Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you? ~ Walt Whitman

Certifiably troglodytic.
"Strike the thick cloud of unknowing with the sharp dart of longing love, and on no account think of giving up." -from The Cloud of Unknowing (c.1370)

Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

"If a dog barks at you...don't think the problem is with you... the problem is with the dog, because it knows nothing other than BARKING!" -Shivaraj H. Kattimani

You know the happiest day of my life I swear the happiest day of my life Is the day that I die
- Good Charlotte