Let's Make Money!

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
@Sedai: You seen what $BB and $NOK have been doing? Or $AMC and $GME?

This **** is ridiculous. I'm too broke to make any stock plays at the moment.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
Don't check $UAVS either!

Don't check $UAVS either!
Holy hell! Thanks for mentioning them! My mom is invested with them and she has bitched about how she should have burned the money instead. I am going to love rubbing this in her face. Her cost per share was around $5.

And she’s owned it over a year so...zero cap gain!!! Boo ya! Oh man, this is going to be great!

$GME

I suspect that we are going to see some regulatory action soon and legal repercussions. Man, it’s gunna be crazy to see some teenage investors raked through the legal system.

I suspect that we are going to start seeing a new era for the stock market where the institutional investors will be even more cryptic with their trades in an effort to get Redditors to drive the price up for them.

I just find it laughable that these guys think they can win in the long run. Like this type of activity is not good for the health of the market and while it's nice to see the little guys winning for once they are creating the new conditions for their subjugation.

Just came across the Gamestop thing. And it's both bold and hilarious.

For anyone intrested this thread is a great summary.

Agree with @John McClane the people at the top will surely bring out new rules to stop this from happening in the future.

If I had the money I would totally be buying put options on $GME. It will fall sooner than later and the ones holding puts are going to make bank on the other side of the storm.

A system of cells interlinked
The shorts keep saying that....

Maybe they can go back to the other activities they enjoy, like robbing old ladies at ATMs or clubbing baby seals...

The shorts keep saying that....
Put options is a completely different beast from shorting.

With put options you are putting up collateral to collect a premium and, possibly, buy shares at a lower cost than what they are currently trading. But with shorting you're just borrowing someone else's shares, selling them at market price, and then paying fees to keep the position open.

Put options imply you want the shares and are willing to pay for them but you think their current price is higher than deserved.

The perfect put option would be putting up the collateral, collecting the premium, and having them expire worthless. Thereby you get to keep your premium and get your collateral back.

All I know is if WSB (wallstreetbets) is talking about it stay the **** away.

And ya'll wonder why I say the stock market is rigged and just an instrument of the rich ruling class? Because it is.
Don't be fooled. The people making bank on Reddit are already a part of the rich and ruling class. They just don't advertise that they are rich for fear that they will get eaten by the mob.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Can someone link me to the Gamestop segment of this thread?

Can someone link me to the Gamestop segment of this thread?
We haven’t talked about it in here per se. Is there something specific you want answered, tho? I will do my best to answer it.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
We haven’t talked about it in here per se. Is there something specific you want answered, tho? I will do my best to answer it.
Apparently a bunch of people are pumping it because investors have shorted it. One week numbers are staggering.

Apparently a bunch of people are pumping it because investors have shorted it. One week numbers are staggering.
Yeah, it’s known as a short squeeze. Probably one of the greatest in history, and it ain’t close to over yet as the float (number of shares shorted) is still in the millions.

The house always wins, tho. One company that was shorting it just got an injection of cash even though they have lost close to a billion dollars. That’s something that average Joe investors don’t seem to understand. They are acting like they are winning (because short term they are) but in the long run their money will dry up long before a bank will.

I suspect that when the crash happens we will start hearing stories about college funds and life savings being wiped out.

EDIT: The Reddit page for WallStreetBets is looking more and more fraud like so I sure hope these guys know what kinda fire they are playing with so I say this with all the force in the world: Stay the duck away from $GME because it will get halted for investigation and you will get left holding the bag.

Robinhood has removed the ability to buy $GME. You can only sell it

bahahahahahahaah this thing is going to crater today

dinosaurs gunna die today

I wouldn't be surprised if the shorts re-short the company and make billions.

@WrinkledMind @Sedai

Yeah, I just saw they have stopped the buying now.

This will be a test for Biden. Public sentiment favours the Redditors.

Of course the house wins in the end. But I wonder how big a blowback this will have.

OK, I am thoroughly pissed at the Redditors now: $NOK got removed as well.

Thank God I don't have a position open in it but man, I hope the hedge funds crush these ******** under their boot. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd be rooting for the very guys I hated a week ago.

@WrinkledMind and @Sedai: $GME just hit $150 and people are complaining about the restrictions being placed down by brokerage firms. Omg, this is gold. I am loving this blood bath!

People are so detached from reality. They acting like it’s their God given right to be able to buy a stock. Maybe these people should have read more books about how the market and brokerage firms work.

Go hedge funds, go hedge funds, go!