Animal Mothers Reviews!

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by Parky
I keep hearing lots of mixed reviews for this film, I'll have to watch it and find out for myself. Thanks for the review.
Try not to go into it with any preconceptions. If you go expecting a horror movie, you'll probably disappointed. I'd call it more of a comedy-drama with some horror elements.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm just glad this cracking little movie is getting a cinema release date over here.

the only hayward man will ever need
Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
Bubba Ho-Tep(2002)
Director: Don Coscarelli
Starring: Bruce Campbell, Ossie Davis, Bob Ivy

Bubba Ho-Tep is a triumphant return to pure awesomeness, for one Bruce Campbell, (who seemed to somewhat slip under the radar after The Evil Dead trilogy) This movie's plot centers around THE Elvis impersonator, Sebastion Haff(Campbell) who in turn REALLY is Elvis(You'll have to watch to understand it) His crippled friend and fellow mummy hunter, JFK(who as you might guess isn't really JFK) and a mummy by the name of Bubba Ho-Tep. Set in a rest home in Texas, the cowboy moteif wearing Bubba Ho-Tep's main goal is to suck the souls out of the elderly so that he may continue living... After the Mummy tried to attack JFK, Elvis and JFK decide to reap what Bubba has sewn, so they set to work, getting supplies and other materials which they will need, so that they can face the soul sucking, cowboy boot wearing Bubba. The final showdown is a mix of pure hilarity and just plain awesomeness. That's all you need to know(Unless you've seen it)........

This movie was AWESOME, it was made on a low budget, but the writing, directing and acting had the feeling of a high budget B-movie(In a good way) And i'm convinced that if Don Coscarelli keeps directing the next movies in this series, that they will also be PURE awesomness. I've never rented this movie, but decided to buy it first, and I can say this was one purchase that I wish I had made MUCH sooner.

Rating:*****
i would have to agree with you on that one. it hasnt been out in britain long so i only just got a chance to see it after so long. i loved this movie, and the first time you se Elvis (or haff) he starts talking about not haveing a boner for ages, played with such sincereity that jsut makes it funny. and the film is so damn cheesy, especially when he fights the bug in his room, the bug just ooks so funny. definately a must-see. *****
"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I felt like destroying something beautiful." - Tyler Durden