Run Lola Run (Is it worth renting)

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
this is one of the best foreign film's I think i've seen.... it was well shot, and well done
Hopefully, one day, you'll come to understand what it really means to say "it was well shot, and well done." And trying to place this film as one of the best foriegn films, you're joking - and I for one found it to be hilarious.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I for one, find YOU to be useless. Your posts are nothing but mind-numbing drivle. If you're going to try to communicate with people, learn to use BASIC english skills. I'm sure not even a codebreaker could dechipher some of your posts. And judging by what you've said of other films. Your opinion is pretty much void, just look at your rep.

Your opinion is pretty much void, just look at your rep.
First off, I'd like to thank Holden Pike, for making me and my rep what we are today. I'd also like to thank Zzat, and Animal Mother. If I forgot to thank anyone, you're just not trying hard enough. Keep up the good work. And, Animal Mother, if your gonna post a rep, then reply to it, try connecting the rep to the post. Top 5 Horror films had nothing to with this sour movie.

Yes it did... Your blatent disregard for the english language.
Oh SNIZZAP... he was right. And going as low as spelling or grammar means you're an idiot. Go to SpellingForums, you'll fit right in.

Run lola run was a great film.. It grow exponentially better with a pint o beer though..

I also recommend a similar german film called something like "The Warrior and the Princess" I belive.. I rented it a long while back so im a bit hasy.. and lazy to search for it :-P I belive it was done by the same group that made run lola run, its about a bank robbery and a girl that gets attached to the robber.

The Princess & the Warrior is what it's called, and yes it was made by the same writer/director and also stars Franka Potente.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Green Lantern
We watched in my philosphy class a few years ago. I thought it was a good movie.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

Yes it did... Your blatant disregard for the english language.
Just a thought, maybe english isn't their first language, if that is so try and have a bit of compassion.

A system of cells interlinked
Dear PimpDaShizzle

I wanted to thank you for the bad rep you gave me for no apparent reason. Just so you know, it had zero effect, as your clout on the boards is about nil. Care to enlighten me why this post deserved bad rep?

Originally Posted by Sedai
Yes, I have been meaning to check this one out, I hear it's very well done. Thanks for the reminder.
I mean, you mention Run Lola Run while signing the rep, and that wasn't even the film I was talking about.

Here, you play a little game....

Long walk, short pier.

Oh damn, I meant...

Long wazizzle, short pazizzle.

Originally Posted by rjmcfc86
TBH... I first saw this film in my German class at School in year 10. At first I thought it was going to be an awful German flick on Germans would like ie my teacher is from Germany, but it was superb. A few months later I think it was shown on Channel 4 and a few of mates the day after was like, "have you seen Run Lola Run?!"

My German teacher was cooooooooooool.

haha yeah same i watched it in year 10 at school in German class too. For those debating whether they outto see it or not - It's definately a movie worth checking out because its very different. A real stylish film.

Yo PIMPoid, What the hell are you doing? Take a pill. Relax. Eat some greens. Jesus. Have ur say sure, but don't be a putz. Stronger language reserved.
Ahem..
Run Lola Run was very good indeed. I think it's certainly deserving of all it's awards and wotnot. Sure it may seem strange to some, but that's it's appeal. Reminiscent of Groundhog day some say, I disagree a little but never mind.
Y'no, I wouldn't recommend watching it in english if you can help it. I know subtitles are a pain in de ass but the english dub isn't accurate.
As far as one of the best foriegn films, I agree but not in the same way as say - Das Boot is or Brotherhood Of The Wolf.
If you enjoyed Franka Potente may I also recommend...Anatomie. This has a quite decent english dub, like Brotherhood Of The Wolf, but it is always better to watch films in thier intended language for the most part.
2 cents.

"Hey, what's that you goton ya face?...See how that works?"

Originally Posted by Sedai
Long walk, short pier.

Oh damn, I meant...

Long wazizzle, short pazizzle.
I know I am late, but just read this...God I died laughing.

since I cant post new threads: gday anyone got any info on the following aspects of the two people who were involved in run lola run - im talkin about franka potente and tom twyker. just wonderina bout their background, etc, could anyone tell me the following about both of them:

1. What is their professional background, im talkin training, apprenticeships, education that they underwent. Also what are their influences?

2. what other films were they involved in? and what roles did they play?
Who else have they worked with?

3. what genres are they manily invovled in? and what apporach/stylre do they take towards their work?

4, Where are they today? and what projects are they working on?

thanks in advance everyone,
charles

There's a little site (it doesn't look like you've heard of it) called IMDB....as in www.imdb.com
or try one of those search engine things, like perhaps www.google.com?

Anyway, i'm not sure why but Tim, if you enjoyed Run Lola Run i think Amores Perros is worth checking out.