"Il deserto rosso"

→ in
Tools    

What about you a review that may open up the

I like Red Desert a lot. It's my third favorite of Antonioni's films (after The Passenger and L’Avventura). Don't know that it's where I would send somebody to start with Michelangelo's films, but it's a beautiful piece about isolation and industry and the first time he photographed in color. Monica Vitti and Richard Harris are great.

Want to share some of your thoughts? It's always better to start a discussion rather than simply requesting one.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I love the part where she tells her son the story about the little girl on the island. Who was singing? Everybody, everything....absolutely beautiful. And a fun little return to the "woman alone a mysterious desert island" thing of Antonioni's.
One thing that always struck me about this movie is that it feels almost like it's a science fiction film underneath the surface. There's the mysterious scream that never gets explained, and I just feel that all the constant pumping and churning of the industrial town (I bet David Lynch was a fan of this.), and the colorful pollution really brings to mind a feeling of a sort of distopia...absolutely fantastic movie. His environmentalism is so ahead of its time. Love that scene where the party trashes the cabin to make more wood to burn to keep warm.....

Holden Pike, I pay good money for the bandwidth to host those images on my DVDBeaver website. Not only did you link to it without permission - you gave my site no credit at all. Please remove it and refrain from using images on other's Servers. Thank you.
Gary Tooze

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Holden Pike, I pay good money for the bandwidth to host those images on my DVDBeaver website. Not only did you link to it without permission - you gave my site no credit at all. Please remove it and refrain from using images on other's Servers. Thank you.
Gary Tooze
One of those things that sucks about having a website that you can easily link the images, my solution, blame google?

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the definition of the word 'solution'.