War
10.00%
4 votes
Westerns
12.50%
5 votes
Other
40 votes. You may not vote on this poll

What should the next Top 100 Countdown be?

Usually after the decades countdown we do a genre or themed one.
We should choose a countdown that the majority of MoFos will be interested in.

And who will host it?

Not me, I've done my duty But I can say it's a lot of work and responsibility. It is rewarding, but it's not for quitters. Importantly we need a host who's enthused for the countdown and of course the host gets to make the decisions.

2000's countdown would be amazing.

in my opinion.

This one's wide open, if you ask me. I do feel strongly that if we keep going earlier, it should be 1920s and Earlier. But I think we've gone back far enough (and truth be told, it's harder to get people to participate the farther back we go) that it would be reasonable to consider either another genre-type list, or maybe even a refresh of the Top 100.

Part of me still kinda hopes we wait a little longer for the Top 100, because we're coming up on 10 years since then, and it'd be cool to do it as an anniversary of sorts, but I realize another year and a half might be a long time to wait.

Could probably redo the Comics one considering there's been about 9000 new comicbook movies released in the past week alone.

This one's wide open, if you ask me. I do feel strongly that if we keep going earlier, it should be 1920s and Earlier.
I'd like to see a '1929 & on down' countdown. It would be the last of the decades (even though it encompasses more than a decade as it covers everything back to the start of film) I think participation would be equal or even higher than the 1930s as a lot of MoFos love silent films. So I do hope we eventually do that.
But right now a genre or themed countdown would be great.

I think Horror would be very popular. We've already have a MoFo Top 100 Horror list, but...it wasn't a community based list but composed of the picks of just a few people (it's the only MoFo list that doesn't represent the choices of the overall community). It doesn't probably make sense to have two MoFo Horror list, so if you were OK with replacing the old list with a new Horror list, that then might be something the majority of MoFos would enjoy doing.

Let the night air cool you off
Maybe we could open it up to specific countries now? Maybe westerns? Crime films? Short films? Summer blockbusters? War movies? Car and/or road trip movies?

Could probably redo the Comics one considering there's been about 9000 new comicbook movies released in the past week alone.

Or you could cross-list it by doing an "Adventure" list.

Also for Horror you could do an "Thriller" list as a subgenre, or Horror from 00's-18

But my recommendation is "Fantasy" as we already did "Science-Fiction"
  • DC
  • Marvel
  • Harry Potter
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Certain Disney Live Action/Animated
  • Tim Burton
  • Swords and Sorcery

I think we should do Noir, but make it 50.

I am excited for another all time list since I missed the first. Agree with Yoda that it would be cool to do it at the ten year mark though.

Part of me still kinda hopes we wait a little longer for the Top 100, because we're coming up on 10 years since then, and it'd be cool to do it as an anniversary of sorts, but I realize another year and a half might be a long time to wait.
Don't worry, us little boys and girls will wait patiently for that one.

Or you could cross-list it by doing an "Adventure" list.

Also for Horror you could do an "Thriller" list as a subgenre, or Horror from 00's-18

But my recommendation is "Fantasy" as we already did "Science-Fiction"
  • DC
  • Marvel
  • Harry Potter
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Certain Disney Live Action/Animated
  • Tim Burton
  • Swords and Sorcery

Interesting thought, but there would have to be extremely clear and precise rules for what is and isn't eligible.

When I hosted the Comics list, I discovered almost immediately that about 25% of what people were going to vote for, weren't originally comic book based media.

Such a pain at the time... I had to basically become an expert on comic book movies within about 30 minutes of opening the voting

We've already have a MoFo Top 100 Horror list, but...it wasn't a community based list but composed of the picks of just a few people (it's the only MoFo list that doesn't represent the choices of the overall community). It doesn't probably make sense to have two MoFo Horror list, so if you were OK with replacing the old list with a new Horror list, that then might be something the majority of MoFos would enjoy doing.
That gives us even further reason to do it.

That gives us even further reason to do it.
Personally, I might like a Noir or War films Countdown, but...a lot of MoFos aren't into that.

I don't personally like most horror, but I know almost everyone else does! The in-between genre Countdowns should be fun and for the largest audience, so Horror would seem to be a natural.