what is the longest movie you have ever had to sit through?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I imagine that is the case but i still don't see how some had it in their top five or whatever of the 70's. I know everyone doesn't go about it the same way as me but it is still pretty shocking. Not even watched it so i should probably stop here but from what people who are usually into these types of films both on and off this site have told me it is pretty baffling.

I remember Minio posted Apichatpong Weerasethakuls top ten and he had Andy Warhols Empire on it. Yeah, he doesn't enjoy that at all, he is definitely a liar.
*shrug* It's not like The Godfather needed the votes that badly. I'd definitely take it over 1900 any day of the week, and 1900 actually has stuff happening in it.

I couldn't comment on other people lying about their favourites - the idea that the director of Uncle Boonmee actually does cite Empire as a favourite really does not surprise me regardless of whether or not it's justified.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
It's not though? You've rated like two movies less than that on this site at least and they've usually been
Oh, yes it is. I've given out a few three-and-a-halfs during my time here.

I'm fine with it making the list, it gives me extra incentive to watch it i just find it surprising. i don't think anyone is lying about it necessarily either i probably shouldn't have included that in the same comment, i'm just still amazed that anyone claims to get anything out of something like Empire which the thought reminded me of so i mentioned it.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Well, I just remembered it's actually the 1956 version of The Ten Commandments, which I only actually watched in its entirety once or twice, and that The Right Stuff isn't even close.

Titanic (1997)

Took my wife to see on a date night, its really not my cup of tea but she enjoyed it.
It's so weird about Titanic.[..the movie is like three hours long but it is so entertaining that I never really feel the length.

Longest films I have seen:

1. Les Misérables (1934) 281 minutes
2. The Wheel (1923) 273 minutes
3. Hamlet (1996) 242 minutes
4. Gone with the Wind (1939) 238 minutes
5. A Brighter Summer Day (1991) 237 minutes
6. The Ten Commandments (1956) 220 minutes
7. Lawrence of Arabia (1962) 216 minutes
8. Ben-Hur (1959) 212 minutes
9. Seven Samurai (1954) 207 minutes
10. Andrei Rublev (1966) 205 minutes

Longest films I have seen:

1. Les Misérables (1934) 281 minutes
2. The Wheel (1923) 273 minutes
3. Hamlet (1996) 242 minutes
4. Gone with the Wind (1939) 238 minutes
5. A Brighter Summer Day (1991) 237 minutes
6. The Ten Commandments (1956) 220 minutes
7. Lawrence of Arabia (1962) 216 minutes
8. Ben-Hur (1959) 212 minutes
9. Seven Samurai (1954) 207 minutes
10. Andrei Rublev (1966) 205 minutes
How is that? I loved the 1935 version.

The original Star Wars trilogy in 70mm back-to-back on a giant screen. I don't know if that counts, but it was exhausting.

Three of us once marathoned the LOTR trilogy (extended editions) in one day. Started at 11 am and ended around midnight with breaks for food. I cannot confirm that we all remained awake for the duration.

The trick is not minding
Shoah, Les Vampyres, Satantango, Wreckmeister Harmonies, Brighter Summer Day, Sorrow and the Pity, Berlin Alexanderplatz
Wasn’t Berlin Alexanderplatz a mini series? Or were they screened together at some point before being split up into mini episodes?

Satantango but I cheated a few times by playing it at 1.5x

The full film of Red Cliff - 288+ minutes. It's one of the best and beautiful films I have seen. I was able to find a copy that wasn't split into Part I and Part II