Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Bone Tomahawk (2015) was the last one, I hate that current style of film making with over done irrelevant dialogue and ultra violence/gore for the sheer thrill of it. I made it to 15 minutes and off it went.
You love Noir, how can you hate irrelevant dialogue? I want everything I watch to be fun irrelevant dialogue. I feel like that sums up a ton of my favorites. That's where all the great character development happens. Bone Tomahawk isn't ultraviolent. It has bursts of ultraviolence which for me works much better because you get a gut reaction to it. Instead of gore throughout which I think is more of what you are describing. Bone Tomahawk is brilliant.

Get Shorty is brilliant, it does take a minute to get going though, you should give it another shot.
This thread is 38 pages long Gideon and started in 2004. It would be better to work backwards through the thread if you want anyone you are quoting to see your replies to them.

Picnic At Hanging Rock - 32 minutes in was all I could do. I hate turning off a movie after I spent that much time on it, but to me it seemed like a lot of aristocratic emptiness.
I wrote some kind of review on that after I viewed it (last year maybe?), but I don't know how to find it.
It is a movie I never need to try to watch again.

Dude, Where's My Car was spawned off a line of dialogue in The Big Lebowski... how did anyone think it would even be a good movie in the first place?
Dude, Where My Car I couldnt finish. It was so bad it was killing my high. Same with Stallones Get Carter, so bad it was a highkiller.

Thats bad.

This thread is 38 pages long Gideon and started in 2004. It would be better to work backwards through the thread if you want anyone you are quoting to see your replies to them.
I had no idea, sorry...I have to get into the habit of looking at the dates on these things, I never do that.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I wrote some kind of review on that after I viewed it (last year maybe?), but I don't know how to find it.
Here.
Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975)

I don't even know what to say about this film.
It's haunting, sometimes eerie, enigmatic, mysterious, atmospheric.
It's got some beautiful locals & cinematography. It's very "artsy."
Some of the characters are engaging at times, but I guess I'm easily frustrated by things that have no explanation and are specifically made with the intention of having no explanation.

The film made me "feel" a lot of things, so I guess it succeeded on that account, but it left me wondering what it had to say, what its message was... and on that I'm stumped.

I was intrigued by it, but I didn't "like" it as a satisfying film watching experience. I won't be seeking it out for a re-watch (unless it was for a class or analysis or something).

If you like slightly surreal mysteries wrapped in enigmas encased in a riddle, you might like this.

I'll give it a 5 for being an ethereal artsy thing set to film (or as a cure for insomnia), but I'll give it a 1.5 for overall entertainment value.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Don't ya love how critics can be? When a movie is ****, just call it "artsy" and if that doesn't work, there's always the "you aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate........"

And I like Peter Weir... "Dead Poets Society" and one made a few years ago, "The Way Back"

I could fill 38 pages with the movies I've shut off after 15 minutes. Mostly they are newer Hollywood films, I don't even know why I bother watching them anymore. I rarely shut off an older film, even if it's not great.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Bone Tomahawk (2015) was the last one, I hate that current style of film making with over done irrelevant dialogue and ultra violence/gore for the sheer thrill of it. I made it to 15 minutes and off it went.
Darn, too late.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Cloverfield (2008)

I never even gave it a chance. It was off after less than 5 minutes of the convulsion causing camera work.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I walked out of Mad Max: The Fury

(to explain, I paused it and walked into the kitchen for some Cheeze-Its, then came back to enjoy this awesome film)

gili, i think thats how you spell it, i could not finish it at all, it was so stuped, the story line, the plot, the whole idea

I think you might mena Gigli? Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez?

I hate to jump on the hate train, but I turned off Suicide Squad (2016) after 30 minutes. It didn't help that I live in the parish that houses the super secret prison they have in the movie. I was also no fan of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), but at least that was a coherent enough movie to finish.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
way too many to count.

MC for the Great Underground Circus

I'm sorry. I can't finish it. I've tried and tried, and I can't get through it. It's too lumbering, too methodic, too pretentious. It's a perfect example of style over substance. God knows I want to like it, but...
Pretentious? Style over substance?