Don't Look Now

→ in
Tools    

Spoilers*

Not many films manage to disturb me but "Don't look Now" literally made my skin crawl. I think this is due to the sharp visual imagery that the film displays like the blood leaking along the church floors and the slow-mo of John Baxter played by kiefer Sutherland, holding his dead daughter in her brightly red coloured coat.

Only one other film has managed to disturb me with its striking visual imagery and that is "The shining" with the use of colours and patterns displayed through the hotel corridors. Just like the shining" there's a character in Don't look now, that has the ability to sense things that others can't, like the presences of John and Laura's deceased daughter who she claims to have seen her sitting beside the couple while they were having dinner. This information brings comfort to Laura but is dismissed by John who wants to put the tragedy behind him. The film takes place in Venice and as busy as Venice is there are some scenes that make it look like a ghost town. I thought this suited the film well, as John is a man haunted by the ghostly memories of his daughter and the image of her red coat. A coat that seems to lerk around Venice at night but who is the occupier of this coat? Well when the mystery reveals itself and the person in the coat turns around. Well my heart almost stopped beating for a moment. I have to say though the acting in this film is superb and Hilary Manson who plays the clairvoyant old blind woman should have gotten an Oscar.

My rating.. five star

Was panicking for a moment thinking they had remade it with Donald's son.

But Don't Look Now is a memorable horror film with some strong visuals. Definitely worth seeking out to those who haven't seen it yet.

Was panicking for a moment thinking they had remade it with Donald's son.

But Don't Look Now is a memorable horror film with some strong visuals. Definitely worth seeking out to those who haven't seen it yet.

A lion doesn't feel guilty when it kills a gazelle. And I think that really means something 👈 Judging by your username can you guess where this line is from

You obviously love writing reviews. You should make your own reviews thread for this section and ask for it to be featured in the Member Reviews' Threads section.

You obviously love writing reviews. You should make your own reviews thread for this section and ask for it to be featured in the Member Reviews' Threads section.

That would be really cool I'm not sure how I would go about it though. It is something I would be interested in doing for sure.

DLN is one of the greatest psych thrillers ever made. Nice review.

Yes absolutely 👌 Also far scarier then any gore or jumpscares that a lot of directors heavily rely on today. I love finding films that psychologically mess me up Lol they are the best kind.

That would be really cool I'm not sure how I would go about it though. It is something I would be interested in doing for sure.

I only asked to get mine.

A lion doesn't feel guilty when it kills a gazelle. And I think that really means something 👈 Judging by your username can you guess where this line is from
Chronicle

I need to rewatch chronicle it's so good. I love the scene where he rips out the dudes teeth Magneto style 😂

Nice if you get it or not I'll check out your reviews

Oh I already got it. I got it a couple years ago. I'm just saying, all I did was ask.

I forgot the opening line.
Don't Look Now is a great, great, great film. It deserves all the praise you give it and more.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)