Halloween Ends (2022)

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I love all the Halloween movies, except for Halloween 3. I just can't get enough of Michael Myers, and when Halloween Ends comes out on Bluray I'm buying it.

I did not like the 2018 movie and the sequel was even worse.

I have no real interest in Ends although I’ll probably end up watching it. But it’ll be for free on digital or something.

By the trailer it looks to be even worse than the second movie. It in no way made me any kind of hype at all…

Welcome to the human race...
I love all the Halloween movies, except for Halloween 3. I just can't get enough of Michael Myers, and when Halloween Ends comes out on Bluray I'm buying it.
I'm the opposite and think that Halloween III is the only sequel that's really worth a damn - would've been interesting to see the franchise become an anthology instead of just following Michael.

I'm the opposite and think that Halloween III is the only sequel that's really worth a damn - would've been interesting to see the franchise become an anthology instead of just following Michael.

I have soooo much time for Halloween 3.

I found this review on Letterboxd pretty darn funny.

Evil died tonight. Along with anything resembling a good story.

Effectively the rise of Skywalker of the Halloween-movies as it’s a completely underwhelming end to a decades old saga.

Michael has gone from lean, mean, killing machine to old friendzoned sewer-boomer.
And why is he hanging out in that sewer? Who does he think he is? Pennywise?
Michael Myers as an old friendzoned sewer-boomer... how times have changed for the good ol' slasher.

Halloween (2018) is so crappy it's difficult to watch. Halloween Kills (2021) was really good I enjoyed it. Rotten Tomatoes is a scam they said the first one was good and the sequel wasn't. The opposite of the truth

Halloween Ends (2022) will probably be trash like (2018) because the star is Jamie Lee Curtis

I Just saw it on peacock, it wasn't that bad, a different movie for sure and decent. The ending is very satisfying.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Well, I sense this will obviously divide people to the extremes but I kind of dug it even with it trying to derail a few times on the back end.

100%

Halloween III is one of those movies that sounds amazing on paper, but as it plays out, it's way too slack to reach the paranoid heights it aims for, and aside from some nice cinematography that one scene where Tom Atkins yells into the phone, is kind of boring.

Halloween III is one of those movies that sounds amazing on paper, but as it plays out, it's way too slack to reach the paranoid heights it aims for, and aside from some nice cinematography that one scene where Tom Atkins yells into the phone, is kind of boring.

In a lot of ways Halloween III is flat as ****. It doesn't pop like a lot of the cinema I really appreciate does. Not even the really garbage crap that I like. So I should be on your side. At times it feels like it could have been made for television.

But its all about how this particular narrative unfolds. How it tells us a story that makes so little sense with a completely straight face. It becomes simultaneously enterataining, regardless of its flaws, but also unsettling because how perverse the whole thing is with its weirdness.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, the way that you have Dan O'Herlihy delivering villainous monologues with glee and/or menace is worth the price of admission alone, but you also have one of Carpenter's more underrated scores as well.

Hey, what's that on your face...
I found this better than the last entry and more interesting than the 2018 reboot. I don't know if I would say I overly liked it but I didn't hate it.