GBG's Movies I Can Watch Over and Over Again

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This thread was inspired by the thread "5 Movies You Would Watch Over and Over Again". There are some movies that I watch practically every time they're on TV, and some movies that I watch the DVD so often that I've lost count of how many times I've watched them, so when that thread was bumped recently, I sat and stared at the screen, trying to figure out how to narrow down my list to only five movies. I eventually realized that I can't.

So instead, I made a list of all the movies that I could think of that I love to watch over and over again. And by "watch over and over again", I don't mean just "once-a-year" movies, like Yankee Doodle Dandy and 1776 on July 4th, or It's A Wonderful Life on Christmas. I mean movies that I love so much that I can watch the movie on DVD, and then immediately start the DVD over and watch it again. These are the movies that when Hubby walks in the room and sees that I'm watching one of these again, he usually says something like "You're watching that AGAIN?!"

Keep in mind that this is not a list of the "best" movies, or my favorite movies. In fact, some of them aren't even considered "good" movies, but they just have something about them that draws me in, and makes me want to watch them over and over again. It could be musicals for the songs, comedies for the laughs, dramas for the emotion, or maybe something as simple as nostalgia. Also, some of these "movies" aren't technically "movies". Some of these are DVDs of performances, rather than actual movies. (That will make more sense when we get to them on my list.)

And the order of this list doesn't have any correlation to the quality of the movie, or where it might rank on a favorite movies list for me. It just has to do with how much I like to watch it over and over again. And the order could easily change based on my mood, but these movies will always be on my list because I never get tired of watching them.

Well, I narrowed it down the best that I could, but I couldn't narrow it down to anywhere near only five movies. The best I could do was to narrow it down to about 125 movies that I can watch over and over again.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Movie-Time-100.jpg
Views:	2779
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	24543  

125. Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003)

I've been watching "Looney Tunes" cartoons for as long as I can remember, so when I heard that there was another "Looney Tunes" movie being made, my biggest fear was that it was going to be another Space Jam disaster. When Looney Tunes: Back in Action was finally released, I was lucky enough to get invited to a sneak preview of it, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Is Looney Tunes: Back in Action a great movie? Nope. It has a lot of problems, ranging from an annoying performance by Jenna Elfman, an over-the-top performance by Steve Martin, and a ridiculous plot, especially the scenes with Tweety in Africa.

But it has a lot of good stuff in it too. Most of the main Looney Tunes characters are back, and they're as much fun as ever. Brendan Fraser is great in this movie, in a role that feels like it was written for him. There are a boatload of great cameos, (Timothy Dalton as a James Bond-type spy, Kevin McCarthy, Jeff Gordon, Matthew Lillard, and even Scooby-Doo), and nods to old movies, (Star Wars, Gremlins, Finding Nemo, and even Space Jam). And overall, this movie is just a lot of fun, and I love watching it.

Does anyone recognize the director in this scene?
Attachments

Name:	LT-Back in Action.jpg
Views:	1543
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	24544  

You're watching that AGAIN?!....joking, I just wanted you to feel at home Very cool idea for a countdown. I will follow along and post when I have something to say. Bring on your list!

good one gbg!! I love Looney Tunes too

124. Over the Edge (1979)

This movie is another movie that I don't consider a great movie, but it's a great story about teenage rebellion. Every parent should watch this movie as a warning about what can happen if you don't listen to your kids, and pay attention to them.

The movie has a great cast of young actors, and it is most notable as the film debut of Matt Dillon and Vincent Spano. I'm not a fan of the soundtrack, but I'm sure that most of you would love it.

Over the Edge (1979) Trailer:
Attachments

Name:	Over the Edge.jpg
Views:	1538
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	24545  

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I've had the exact same idea since last fall and was able to keep it down to around fifty but never had the time to to it. Should be a lot of fun to see yours. Looking forward to it!

You're watching that AGAIN?!....joking, I just wanted you to feel at home Very cool idea for a countdown. I will follow along and post when I have something to say. Bring on your list!

Actually, I just watched it again last night, and Hubby walked in and said exactly what you just said.

Over the Edge (1979)...a great story about teenage rebellion....

Never heard of it, but it sounds like a movie I would like, especially as I was in school when it was made, so onto my watch list it goes! I knew your thread would be helpful.

Actually, I just watched it again last night, and Hubby walked in and said exactly what you just said.
That's ironic.

I've had the exact same idea since last fall and was able to keep it down to around fifty but never had the time to to it. Should be a lot of fun to see yours. Looking forward to it!

Yeah, I know the feeling. I've been trying to find the time to post this for a couple of weeks. I finally found some time to start it, and I'll try to add a few movies every day until it's done.

I think it might surprise some people to see some of the movies on my list.

Over the Edge (1979)...a great story about teenage rebellion....

Never heard of it, but it sounds like a movie I would like, especially as I was in school when it was made, so onto my watch list it goes! I knew your thread would be helpful.
I'd have to go back and check, but I'm pretty sure that Over the Edge made it onto my 1970's list when we did the MoFo countdown. (If it missed, then it was in the last round of cuts.)

I watched Over the Edge for the first time a couple months back after wanting to see it since it came out. It wasn't terrible, but I was fairly disappointed. It really gets ridiculous towards the end.

123. Scavenger Hunt (1979)

Did you ever play in a scavenger hunt? Well in this movie, a very rich man dies, and in his will, he makes everyone do a scavenger hunt, but the winner gets all the money, all $200 million dollars of it. That causes a lot of problems for everyone involved, and a lot of fun.

This movie is extremely stupid at times, but it's so funny that I love watching it. It has a great cast that includes Richard Benjamin, James Coco, Scatman Crothers, Ruth Gordon, Cloris Leachman, Cleavon Little, Roddy McDowall, Robert Morley, Richard Mulligan, Tony Randall, Dirk Benedict, Willie Aames, and Richard Masur. It even has cameos by Meat Loaf, Vincent Price, Avery Schreiber, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and more.

Scavenger Hunt Chase Scene:
Attachments

Name:	Scavenger-Hunt.jpg
Views:	1985
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	24548  

I watched Over the Edge for the first time a couple months back after wanting to see it since it came out. It wasn't terrible, but I was fairly disappointed. It really gets ridiculous towards the end.

Maybe Over the Edge is one of those movies that you have to first see it as a teenager, so you can appreciate it as an adult.

It's always nice to find more Looney Tunes fans. Do you have a favorite character?

My favorite is Marvin the Martian.

Elmer Fudd and always gonna be