Asking for a recommendation...

Tools    

A lot of you probably aren't familiar with the movie "Shadow Hours" (2000, starring Peter Weller) but that is kind of the point...

It's this great hidden gem with a killer cast, and I was looking for something else with a similar vibe, that is like a big city sort of morality tale, with a lot of it focusing on goings-on in the nighttime--I'm sure someone will have something come to their minds, and I'm focusing more on films that are lesser known, but in any case, thanks ahead of time!

IAN

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Haven't seen the Shadow Hours, but just going off the 'big city after dark' idea I would suggest After Hours and Eyes Wide Shut.

A lot of you probably aren't familiar with the movie "Shadow Hours" (2000, starring Peter Weller) but that is kind of the point...

It's this great hidden gem with a killer cast, and I was looking for something else with a similar vibe, that is like a big city sort of morality tale, with a lot of it focusing on goings-on in the nighttime--I'm sure someone will have something come to their minds, and I'm focusing more on films that are lesser known, but in any case, thanks ahead of time!

IAN
Marathon Man 1976
Blow Out 1981
Into the Night 1985
Judgment Night 1993
Collateral 2004
Good Time 2017

JOHN

Thank you guys for some killer recommendations! I think I'll start with "Judgment Night", which seems like an inspired recommendation indeed, as the other ones are as well. Plus, I've been on a Stephen Hopkins kick lately! He is a very good director who is *wayyy* too hard on his own work! (he hates like *every movie he's ever done* practically! hahaha.)

Just curious, John, your signature there, which is identical to my own, have you had that for a while? in any case, you have great taste!!! Comic Sans, baby!

Marathon Man 1976
Blow Out 1981
Into the Night 1985
Judgment Night 1993
Collateral 2004
Good Time 2017

JOHN