Great Movies You Saw On Accident?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A movie you hadn't sought. For example, when I was 17, "studying" movie, sometimes I'd close my eyes and pick a movie. I saw an amazing movie in Australia when I turned on the TV. It had just started, and before I could turn it off, it grabbed me. I asked here before, but no one knew this Brazilian movie.

I need some time to think, "Birdman of Alcatraz" is one. CR recommended me "Caged" and then I kept the channel on, and that movie grabbed me.

I'm also thinking of my own experiences. Sometimes the libraries and thrift stores have a deal, a bag full of $1, so I grab a bunch.

I'd really love to start a movie exchange on here, but I'm sure most think it's more convenient to get it some other way.

Gooble gobble, one of us!
I saw Seven Samurai as a kid. My family has always seen a lot of TV. My father saw the film and i happened to watch like half of it with him, while he gave short resumés of the film as it went on, since I was quite young at the time. Obviously I didn't know anything about its greatness or Kurosawa, I always thought of it as that old samurai film I once saw on TV with my dad.
Later on as I grew up and started getting interested in cinema, and subsquently discovered Kurosawa and Seven Samurai, I was like "Ohhh Myy Goood!, that's that old samurai film I once saw on TV with my dad!"
That was a great moment.
Later on I realised that my father had shown me tons of great films during my childhood.

i never watch a movie by accident