Cartoon with rat detectives, possibly from late 1990s - early 2000s

Tools    

I watched this cartoon series as a very small child so my memory is pretty hazy. So basically the protagonists were two rats, one of them wore a trench coat. I suppose the first one was a detective and the second one was his assistant, like Holmes and Watson. The rats drove a car and one episode I remember had the rats drive to a bar and be seduced by a girl who was also a rat. No, I'm sure this is not Basil the Great Mouse Detective because I remember the art style is much edgier.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Unfortunately for you, I feel like nothing else will come up when someone searches rat/mouse detective other than The Great Mouse Detective.

Suspect's Reviews

Can sure answer this one for ya!

Checkout Dangermouse, one of my fave. series from years back. The usual - but not only - adversary is a huge great frog/toad (can't quite remember which) with a voice that sounds like it smoked 80 cigs a day!

Great fun Brit series. Tell me if I've got the right one - there's episodes on YouTube if you wanna see them.

Yours reminiscently

Chris.