"Bad" movies you will defend with your life.

Tools    

While I acknowledge people like Burton's Batman films, I've never ever liked them. Not when I was a kid, not now. Do they look great? Are they evidence of a superlative imagination? Yup. And I'd give them both credit there until the cows come home. But in my ideal world Tim Burton sticks to art design and keeps his leaden hands away from directing movies.
Well, I agree with you on the original Batman; just a dreadfully empty, passion-less movie all around. However, I still feel Returns is a very different, much more "Burton-y" (in a good way) entry, where it felt like Tim really put some heart into it, particularly in the masquerade ball scene, which, like another writer once said, "pulsates with an emotion that Burton’s previous movie never found room for":

Brain dead (1990) Has a 17 percent on RT No ones really ever heard of it.

Awful Acting Cheesy as all, you know bill pullman. One the of few horrors i own

If it's movies that were panned or disliked... Verhoeven's Showgirls...

People didn't get it. Like pretty much everything PV has made, it's a satire.
First person in history to turn up at the Razzies in person, and even the Razzies didn't understand he was giving them a middle finger, they just thought he was being cool

I'll defend Showgirls, except that hot tub scene which really is OTT, even for Verhoeven.

I've seen "Lake Placid" panned, but I love it.The sarcasm meter in that film goes to eleven. I don't think it is bad at all.

Somebody talking smack on Lake Placid? Because I will beat a mother****** with a mother****** for dissing one of my favorite horror movies.
If you don’t like “Lake Placid”, then you must also hate:

Tremors
Eight Legged Freaks
Slither
Arachnophobia
Yeah Lake Placid is a decent comedy horror...
I was surprised at how funny the actors are, and how well they bounce off each other.
Same as Tremors, Eight Legged Freaks, Slither and Arachnophobia... all good movies.

The main thing with with all these is they're knowingly cheesy. They know exactly what they're doing, and they do it with their tongues firmly in their cheeks.

Eight Legged Freaks crosses occasionally into unintentional humour.
Arachnophobia is classic B-movie horror.
Slither though is a proper throwback to the 70s and 80s B-movie gore-fests from the likes of Cronenberg... with stuff like Society, Night Of The Creeps, Shivers and The Thing thrown in for good measure. Funny as well in places.

I know Kevin Bacon didn't like the idea of making Tremors though.
He thought his career was going under when he took the job, even having a breakdown during filming because he genuinely thought he was making a crappy B-movie because he had no other choice.
Tremors isn't just a low budget Asylum level bilge-fest, it's really cleverly crafted and balanced with its script, humour and timing.
The special effects are top notch as well, and not a single piece of computer enhancement either.
Just a shame the sequels went full-on cartoon. The sequels are bad, so bad I'm surprised they didn't put in boingy sound effects.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I feel the same way, but only with a different Fraser vehicle “Bedazzled”.

I love Bedazzled. This might be blasphemy but I prefer the remake to the original.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

If you don’t like “Lake Placid”, then you must also hate:

Tremors
Eight Legged Freaks
Slither
Arachnophobia

Victim of The Night

It's more a movie that no one even knows exist, than is critically panned. But I'm sure it would be panned if more people knew about it.
This has been in queue for many a moon but I have never been able to make myself pull the trigger. Are you suggesting I remedy this?

The trick is not minding
I will defend watching Kaiju films for as long as I live.

Also, I have a certain fondness for Porkys and Police Academy 1, although PA 2 is worth watching soley for the talents of Bobcat Goldthwait.

I’ll echo enjoying Lake Placid and Slither, and Tremors and Arachnophobia are both ok. Haven’t seen 8 Legged Freaks…..yet.

C.H.U.D, Night of the Comet, Night of the Creeps, The Boogens (to a lesser amount), Funhouse, The Howling.

I'm a fan of Escape 2000, a.k.a. Escape from the Bronx. MST3K lovers like myself will know it as "Leave the Bronx!"

Sure, it's derivative of Escape from New York and they spend a lot of (repetitive) time in the Roman catacombs...ahem, the New York sewers, but its gentrification commentary is on point and the action is as brutal as it is thrilling. Oh, and a very excitable Antonio Sabato is in it, as is Henry Silva, whose coffee snobbery is always good for a laugh.

I'm a fan of Escape 2000, a.k.a. Escape from the Bronx. MST3K lovers like myself will know it as "Leave the Bronx!"

Sure, it's derivative of Escape from New York and they spend a lot of (repetitive) time in the Roman catacombs...ahem, the New York sewers, but its gentrification commentary is on point and the action is as brutal as it is thrilling. Oh, and a very excitable Antonio Sabato is in it, as is Henry Silva, whose coffee snobbery is always good for a laugh.
Out of the Italian post-apocalyptic films I prefer The New Barbarians (aka Warriors of the Wasteland). I mean, it's not good or even worth dying for, but as a kid, it was one of my favorite movies. I also think the first Bronx film is better than Escape.

Out of the Italian post-apocalyptic films I prefer The New Barbarians (aka Warriors of the Wasteland). I mean, it's not good or even worth dying for, but as a kid, it was one of my favorite movies. I also think the first Bronx film is better than Escape.
Fred Williamson as a golden-armored archer? Sold!

I do not, however, recommend Warrior of the Lost World if you're into movies like this. I expect derivation in Italian knock-offs, but there's too much of it. Also, Robert Ginty has no star power or charisma and you'll want to press the mute button whenever his annoying motorcycle talks. Even Donald Pleasance, Fred Williamson (dang, he was in a lot of these) and the lovely Persis Khambatta (R.I.P.) can't save it.

I will defend watching Kaiju films for as long as I live.

Also, I have a certain fondness for Porkys and Police Academy 1, although PA 2 is worth watching soley for the talents of Bobcat Goldthwait.

I’ll echo enjoying Lake Placid and Slither, and Tremors and Arachnophobia are both ok. Haven’t seen 8 Legged Freaks…..yet.

C.H.U.D, Night of the Comet, Night of the Creeps, The Boogens (to a lesser amount), Funhouse, The Howling.

CHUD is another one of my favorites. Fun fact: Daniel Stern and Christopher Curry rewrote roughly half of the script.

The way this is going, we're going to have to soon re-title this as the "Let's Pleasure Death Proof" thread.

The trick is not minding
CHUD is another one of my favorites. Fun fact: Daniel Stern and Christopher Curry rewrote roughly half of the script.
Fun fact: I have a C.H.U.D in my basement locked up in chains as we speak. I call him……Bud.

Fun fact: I have a C.H.U.D in my basement locked up in chains as we speak. I call him……Bud.

Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the CHUDs.