Actors You Mistake for Other Actors

Tools    

Well, there were some similarities. Both were big men: 6'4" and 6'4-1/2" respectively. They both usually played heavies. They were roughly the same age and era (Sterling was 7 years younger. Both made some great noirs: RR - Crossfire; and SH - The Asphalt Jungle.
Yep, the height and they both had similar shaped heads & faces (kind of square).

I do see the resemblance between Yelchin and Neil Patrick Harris, even more than with Mulcare:

I don’t see it 🤷

Duplicate Account (locked)
I thought that the Anthony Curtis character (Lorenz Tate) was the same actor as Michael from the wire (Tristan Wilds), til' i looked it up. I'm normally right about this, but unsurpisingly there are lot of people with similar facial structures in hollywood...figuratively.

There are times where I almost mistake Oscar Isaac for George Clooney.
To me, that’s a stretch. But, hey, if you think so.

The truth is in here
@Stirchley Well, I don't mean that they look exactly identical but there are times where their facial structures look similar. Maybe the poster for The Card Counter is a better example.

Amanda Peterson and Robyn Lively

Van Heflin & Arthur Kennedy

⬆️ This might be the first time opposite genders have been used.

Hmm?

Made a literal mistake last night - was watching a bit of You Can't Take it With You (1938) on TCM and there was an actor I thought must be a young version of Strother Martin based on both his look and his voice.

Turns out it was a slightly older actor named Dub Taylor!

Strother Martin / Dub Taylor

Maybe not the greatest pictures to compare them to, but I always thought Ana de Armas and Mia Kirshner looked quite a bit alike:

Is Jennifer Jason Leigh morphing into Elizabeth Shue?

Is Naomi Watts morphing into Nicole Kidman?

Remember when Mary Stuart Masterson looked a lot like Jennifer Jason Leigh? Remember when actresses had three names, like Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio who looked a bit like Gina Davis (who looked a bit like Sandra Bullock)?

Wouldn’t have thought so. She doesn’t have the height.

Just saw her in that Infinite Blizzard/Eternal Storm thing or whatever it was called and really didn't recognize her for the first 20 minutes. Perhaps age and/or plastic surgery regress women's looks to a sort of mean.

Just saw her in that Infinite Blizzard/Eternal Storm thing or whatever it was called and really didn't recognize her for the first 20 minutes. Perhaps age and/or plastic surgery regress women's looks to a sort of mean.
What are you saying? The older women become, the meaner they look?

What are you saying? The older women become, the meaner they look?

No, I think plastic surgeons are aiming for certain societal standards, have a limited set of procedures, and the basic structure of the female skull. Plastic surgery might naturally converge on a sort of "look."

Also, these women were selected for work on the basis of being conventionally beautiful. They're easy enough to mix up when they're young. As they age and start to look unfamiliar, it may be the case that we no longer recognize their unique features (those little perfect touches of proportion that made their image pop) as they generally regress into an image of aging conventional beauty.