Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Legend in my own mind

The girl with all the gifts (2016)

I enjoyed it, a refreshing take on the zombie genre.

Enjoyable and not too predictable or cliched

Elite Squad (2007)

+

Beautifully made and intense. I would have liked to have seen it a little more from the point of view of the dealers rather than all from the officers. It's no City of God but still pretty awesome and I look forward to the sequel.

Elite Squad (2007)

+

Beautifully made and intense. I would have liked to have seen it a little more from the point of view of the dealers rather than all from the officers. It's no City of God but still pretty awesome and I look forward to the sequel.
Same rating as myself ... I rate the 2010 sequel slightly higher at
so will be interesting to see your take on it.

Welcome to the human race...
The Three Musketeers (2011) -

Gotta love that vulgar auteurism.

Finished here. It's been fun.
War for the Planet of the Apes

A movie that tries desperately to appear "meaningful" and "profound" and "relevant," but ends up falling flat on its face. For a film with so much attention to motion capture (which is, by all means, very impressive), it's surprising to see it be so...boring.

Gifted

Overall fairly solid. Chris Evans was convincing and would like to see him in more serious roles. But for me Mckenna Grace stole the show and had great chemistry with Evans. She's a talented actress and hope to see her career bloom.

My biggest problem with this movie was how the other characters didn't get a larger part. Would have really liked to see Jenny Slate and Octavia Spencer have a more involved role. Their talents almost seem wasted.

~Groundhog Day~

Passport to Pimlico (1949)

This movie is on the top 100 British films list, and it is best for those who like British comedy of that era. It's about 80 minutes long and is an easy watch. There's nothing wrong with it, but for me it was merely amusing.

The Spiral Staircase (1946) - Robert Siodmak

The Fallen Idol (1948) - Carol Reed
+

War for the Planet of the Apes

A movie that tries desperately to appear "meaningful" and "profound" and "relevant," but ends up falling flat on its face. For a film with so much attention to motion capture (which is, by all means, very impressive), it's surprising to see it be so...boring.
Yeah, it really is a shame how it turned out...

Legend in my own mind

Contratiempo (The invisible guest) 2016

Just watched this on Netflix.

Superb film

Really good. Will do a full review.

The Reckless Moment (1949)

+

This was a blind watch off the noirs list, but I knew I might be in for a treat during the opening credits when I saw it starred James Mason and was directed by Max Ophuls. Like a lot of 40's movies I've been watching, this one clocks in at about 80 minutes, and in this particular case I wished it was longer. You've got a teenage girl from a good home dating an older scumbag. There's an incident and suddenly the mother is involved with mobsters and blackmail. No need to tell anymore; it's well worth watching and there's a perfect copy on YouTube-