The Batman

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think my curiosity is now cured. Thank You

I think my curiosity is now cured. Thank You
Oh, don't let me discourage you. By all means, it NEEDS to be seen to be believed. I'd strongly advise you to watch it...just know ahead of time what you're in for.

The film is a marvel (see what I did there? LOL!) of mediocrity.

Have you ever heard the tagline for the original Superman movie? It was something like: "You will believe that men can fly."

Well, this film will make you believe that Batman and Superman can be boring.
Seriously, check it out--if nothing more than morbid curiosity.

My parents took me to see the original Superman with my bro. When we walked out of the cinema I turned to bro and said the guy next to me said that was the worst movie he'd ever seen. A guy walking infront of us turned around and said 'I couldnt agree more'. LOL.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
My parents took me to see the original Superman with my bro. When we walked out of the cinema I turned to bro and said the guy next to me said that was the worst movie he'd ever seen. A guy walking infront of us turned around and said 'I couldnt agree more'. LOL.
I really like the Superman movie with CR. Has a very powerful scene near the end.

I really liked CR. I was so shocked when he broke his neck riding. I broke my neck riding and I got up and walked away. Poor man.

Reeve is still the best Superman.
Cavill is decent, and has the physicality, but Reeve when going between Clark and Supes, changed his voice speech patterns and speech beats, his stance, posture, even his gait.
When you see interviews with the guy, you realise neither of his personas in Superman are the same as his own personal one.

Great actor.

Cavill looks the part, and I feel like he could pull it off given the right material, but since DC is more interested into turning Superman into a moody brute just like Batman instead of his usual boy scout persona I just can't get into the character. I'm not a purist, I'll take a different look at Superman if it's done well, but god, he's just a miserable character in those movies, I can't stand him.

Really, a lot of what I disliked in Batman V Superman is the Superman junk. Superman is boring, Lois Lane is boring, Lex Luthor is just an annoying, rich Joker. The Batman stuff was actually pretty solid throughout, it just wasn't focused on enough in the movie for me to praise too much.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Really, a lot of what I disliked in Batman V Superman is the Superman junk. (...) The Batman stuff was actually pretty solid throughout, it just wasn't focused on enough in the movie for me to praise too much.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
That's funny. Who is Yoda humping in that gif?

It’s little secret that the DC Extended Universe, the Warner Bros-owned comic company’s attempt at a rival to the mighty Marvel Cinematic Universe, is struggling. Whilst its three existing movies – 2013’s ‘Man of Steel,’ and 2016’s ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’ and ‘Suicide Squad’ – all performed well at the box office, none of them have won over audiences or critics the way Marvel have. Moreover, some of the future DC films lined up for production have been beset with behind the scenes trouble, most notably ‘The Batman,’ production on which has now been pushed back, after the film had initially been expected to hit screens in 2018.
https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/dc-may-f...182612597.html

This might just do nobody any good.
That's funny. Who is Yoda humping in that gif?
Luke. Or Chewie's head.

Ok so... Matt Reeves was apparently cemented as director and had been given total control over the film... and now there's stuff going around that he's walked.
Fede Alvarez and Ridley Scott are apparently in the wings waiting to be called up, and yet Alvarez has just been cemented to direct a remake of Labyrinth (good news on that is that Henson will be involved).

Interesting. Maybe WB were meddling again.
Will be interesting if Scott gets in on it.

That makes me nervous. I really just want them to go FULL dark with this. They've already got THE BEST* physical representation of Batman. Now go the full hog!

*Yup. The best.

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not but...

Martin Scorsese producing Joker origin spin-off

The intention is to make a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film set in early-’80s Gotham City that isn’t meant to feel like a DC movie as much as one of Scorsese’s films from that era, like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull or The King Of Comedy.
Script is being written by Todd Phillips (The Hangover) and Scott Silver (The Fighter) and Phillips would direct.

Leto is not expected to reprise his role. Think of this as an elseworld story.

Killing Joke by way of After Hours would be pretty cool.

Word out is Affleck is leaving the role of Batman as well.
Justice League will be his second and final turn as Batman. He's apparently walking away from the DCEU once JL is released.