The Batman

Tools    

Apparently true... WB has handed complete and total control to Reeves.
Well, come on....WB has had great luck with people names Reeve and Reeves handling their superhero properties in the past. If they have a chance to do it again, can you blame them?

Well, come on....WB has had great luck with people names Reeve and Reeves handling their superhero properties in the past. If they have a chance to do it again, can you blame them?

Meh, WBTV from 60 years ago which included Kellogg's advertising is hardly the same as modern day Warner Bros.

Meh, WBTV from 60 years ago which included Kellogg's advertising is hardly the same as modern day Warner Bros.
That's true....the 60 year old one is thought of fondly.

Honestly, I don't even care anymore. I want them to reboot this DCCU, dump all the actors/directors/writers/producers and start over fresh. I hate Affleck as Batman and I hate every single aspect of this DCCU so far.

As I've been saying for the past year now: WB is trying to throw fresh linen on TOP of soiled linen and that's not right. Who wants to sleep on a bed of *****? I know *I* don't. They need to change all the bedding and start over. The foundation of this DCCU is crumbling and should be condemned.

Honestly, I don't even care anymore. I want them to reboot this DCCU, dump all the actors/directors/writers/producers and start over fresh. I hate Affleck as Batman and I hate every single aspect of this DCCU so far.

As I've been saying for the past year now: WB is trying to throw fresh linen on TOP of soiled linen and that's not right. Who wants to sleep on a bed of *****? I know *I* don't. They need to change all the bedding and start over. The foundation of this DCCU is crumbling and should be condemned.

MCU sucks.
I hate the MCU.

Changing actor with Hulk and Rhodes... and the colourful cartoony kid friendly films that followed after Iron Man so they could get arses on seats...

Etc.

Etc.

Dude, I like the DCEU... stop ragging on it.
It's all I hear from you over and over.

MCU sucks.
I hate the MCU.

Changing actor with Hulk and Rhodes... and the colourful cartoony kid friendly films that followed after Iron Man so they could get arses on seats...

Etc.

Etc.

Excuse me? I can rag on the DCCU all I'd like! Who are you to tell me how to post? If I want to post it 100 times in one day, that would be my prerogative.

Don't tell me how to post.

MCU sucks.
I hate the MCU.

Etc.

Etc.

Um...to use the parlance we all heard when we came over here....put him on ignore. Problem solved.

But he shouldn't apologize for feeling in his opinion that the DCEU has been a barrel of blown promise. He's not alone. Critics and box office seem to support him. You dig it. That's cool. But you have to admit you're kind of in the minority.

So, when the topic is DCEU, we're not allowed to say we dislike the DCEU or comment on their controversial choices that led to ruin and meme's.

because Marvel is "colorful and kiddie"

(Where have I heard that before and from who?)

Never once did I ever think "Colorful" would be used as an insult towards comic book films.

But I guess marvel needs to grow up like DC...

Oh look, even the "grown up" cereal failed.

Um...to use the parlance we all heard when we came over here....put him on ignore. Problem solved.

But he shouldn't apologize for feeling in his opinion that the DCEU has been a barrel of blown promise. He's not alone. Critics and box office seem to support him. You dig it. That's cool. But you have to admit you're kind of in the minority.
Exactly. The ignore feature works wonders. I've used it here once already. Problem solved.
Discussion forums aren't all sunshine and roses--you'll have people who love a product, people who feel indifferently and people who hate it. The beauty of boards like this is the freedom for one to express themselves how they see fit. That's why we come here. If people want nothing but praise for a product they love, they need to join a fan forum and even THERE you are going to find criticisms that you may/may not agree with. Such is life.

But to tell someone to stop expressing their honest opinions? I don't like that in real life and I don't like that online. I've heard a plethora of bad opinions online--all over the net--but never told someone to stop expressing them.

That's simply not good board conduct.

Oh look, even the "grown up" cereal failed.
COLORFUL?!!! Comic books being COLORFUL? Surely you JEST! Comic books are for ADULTS! *Farts into wine glass and sniffs it*

LOL!!! I love all those bright read "DISCOUNT" tags on them. They can't even catch a break with their CEREAL sales.

MCU sucks.
I hate the MCU.

Etc.

Etc.

switching Ruffalo with Norton was unavoidable, Norton couldn't/wouldn't do it
The Howard/Favreau feud was a blessing in disguise, Cheadle is a better actor

and getting them to stop? never gonna happen, it's an ouroboros circle jerk of hate and frustration

Forgot I posted that ^^

I was just trying to make a point, but didn't do it very well as I'd had a couple beers when I posted.
I get the MCU is loved, and the DCEU isn't, but when people go on and on, like it's some sort of vendetta, it gets tiring.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I despise the DCEU franchise. I despise being rubbed in the nose with "mature" and "dark" and "based on reality" crap that has no real meaning.

I prefer my super-hero flicks to be FUN to watch. That's what they are supposed to be. FUN! Thank you very much.

That said:

Forgot I posted that ^^

I was just trying to make a point, but didn't do it very well as I'd had a couple beers when I posted.
I get the MCU is loved, and the DCEU isn't, but when people go on and on, like it's some sort of vendetta, it gets tiring.
personally, i'm just happy that for the 2nd year in a row i'm getting 6 CBM's (no, i don't include Power Rangers, sorry)

if i don't like a franchise (and there is at least one that i'm frustrated with) i just don't watch the movies at the cinema and i try not to talk about them.

the DCEU is loved, just not by as many as the MCU, everyone expects instant success for some reason

I despise the DCEU franchise. I despise being rubbed in the nose with "mature" and "dark" and "based on reality" crap that has no real meaning.

I prefer my super-hero flicks to be FUN to watch. That's what they are supposed to be. FUN! Thank you very much.

That said:

so go watch them then

The DCEU was damaged by Nolan's movies tbh. They went the route of realistic and dark, and are revered by everyone who watched them.

The DCEU hasn't fully gone that realistic route, but has tried to keep the darker tones of Nolan's films... and it's created a tone that people weren't expecting.

The DCEU was damaged by Nolan's movies tbh. They went the route of realistic and dark, and are revered by everyone who watched them.

The DCEU hasn't fully gone that realistic route, but has tried to keep the darker tones of Nolan's films... and it's created a tone that people weren't expecting.
i think the problem was there wasn't a big enough break between Bale's Batman and Affleck's Batman. Had there been, say, a 5 year gap between TDKR and MoS, then maybe more people would miss the character and be more welcoming for a return? (with the different tone)

A mistake they made was not having Bale return, maybe.

If Bale's Bruce returned from like a 10 year exile, with Batman being played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce taking the suit back and JGL then becoming Nightwing... or simply have JGL as Nightwing and Bruce simply returning to the Batsuit, then that would have been cool.