Deliverance 1972 Film Location Question?

Tools    

There is plenty of information on Deliverance film locations but nothing mentions where the two short scenes of the hand floating out of the lake and the same ending lake scene were filmed without the hand. To me this is one of the most haunting images in the entire film and the viewer gets a small quick taste of it. The location was not Jocassee as it was being filled during filming and was used at the cemetery and Dickey sheriff scenes near the end. Also the shoreline in the hand scene is not as mountainous as Jocassee. It could be Keowee but it was also filling near the time. Another possibility is Lake Lanier northwest of Atlanta. It was fully filled during filming and has the characteristic shoreline as seen in the dream and closing scene. Any help would be appreciated.

There is plenty of information on Deliverance film locations but nothing mentions where the two short scenes of the hand floating out of the lake and the same ending lake scene were filmed without the hand. To me this is one of the most haunting images in the entire film and the viewer gets a small quick taste of it. The location was not Jocassee as it was being filled during filming and was used at the cemetery and Dickey sheriff scenes near the end. Also the shoreline in the hand scene is not as mountainous as Jocassee. It could be Keowee but it was also filling near the time. Another possibility is Lake Lanier northwest of Atlanta. It was fully filled during filming and has the characteristic shoreline as seen in the dream and closing scene. Any help would be appreciated.
Possibly Lake Tugalo?

This is the source I looked at. It's not confirmation, but just a guess.

https://maps.roadtrippers.com/trips/15262168

Thanks but way too small and too steep on the shore. I really think either Keowee or Buford Dam in GA. See pics...

Here is the Deliverance End as a screen still...