Movie Tab

Tools    

Originally posted by spudracer
Titan A.E., don't ask me, I was extremely bored today.
Pshaw! I own that DVD. I think the movie was very underrated. I liked it...but it could've been better, admittedly. I think the foreground animation looked too kidlike to be taken as a serious movie for teens, which it should have/could have been. I thought it was quite good anyway, though.

Silver: excellent quote. I love the War Room quote.

That film is full of greatness. Kong's bronco-ride to Oblivion is one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen. George C. Scott stole the show for me though. He was hilarious.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by TWTCommish

Pshaw! I own that DVD. I think the movie was very underrated. I liked it...but it could've been better, admittedly. I think the foreground animation looked too kidlike to be taken as a serious movie for teens, which it should have/could have been. I thought it was quite good anyway, though.
I own it, too. I like certain parts of it, others could use some work.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

She's the One

What an awesome movie, very cool.

Now With Moveable Parts
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Originally posted by Toose
How was that Sades? I've considered it, but not taken the plunge..
You haven't seen CTHD? Ahhh! Get thee to a Hollywood Video! It's an absolute must-see. Beautiful movie.

CTHD is a very very good movie. Even redneck Kansans like myself enjoyed it.

Curse of the Jade Scorpion, I liked this movie. First actual Woody Allen movie I've seen. Very entertaining.

Originally posted by spudracer
First actual Woody Allen movie I've seen.
No Sleeper? No Everyone Says I Love You? No Small Time Crooks? Man, you dunno what you're missing.

I see Sleeper and Small Time Crooks on the shelf at the video store, but just don't seem interested in them.

Curse of the Jade Scorpion just jumped out at me, plus...there wasn't anything else I wanted to see. All the copies of Glitter were taken...

I didn't like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, except for the cinematography and the score. Otherwise I thought it was a complete waste of my time, and possibly the most over-hyped movie of the past few years.

As for The Curse of the Jade Scorpion, I saw it on an airplane a few months ago and think it was the perfect venue for that flick. Very average all the way around. Though I do confess other than Crimes & Misdemeanors, Bullets Over Broadway and some of the earliest pre-Annie Hall '70s stuff, I'm not much of a Woody Allen fan.

But to each their own!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra