The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame

Tools    

Congratulations Wyldesyde, you are the 11th member to finish!

I don't remember The Shop Around the Corner well, but I do remember that I didn't think much of it. It's definitely a movie I need to watch again.

Speaking of It Happened One Night, I'd say it's the best romantic comedy I've ever seen.

Congratulations Wyldesyde, you are the 11th member to finish!

I don't remember The Shop Around the Corner well, but I do remember that I didn't think much of it. It's definitely a movie I need to watch again.

Speaking of It Happened One Night, I'd say it's the best romantic comedy I've ever seen.
I liked It Happened One Night, but would put romantic comedies La La Land, Annie Hall, Singin in the Rain, the Apartment, Some Like it Hot, Groundhog Day, the Princess Bride over it just from the top of my head.

The trick is not minding
I liked It Happened One Night, but would put romantic comedies La La Land, Annie Hall, Singin in the Rain, the Apartment, Some Like it Hot, Groundhog Day, the Princess Bride over it just from the top of my head.
I love all of those movies you listed, and would still put them behind It Happened One Night.
Also, add Lost in Translation and Roman Holiday

Oh yea The Apartment, that would be my #1. Some Like it Hot and Singin' in the Rain are both awesome, but I don't think of them as Rom-Coms.

I don't get why so many MoFos love Singin' in the Rain and yet they don't seem to like other musicals much? I like Singin' in the Rain for sure but then again I like other musicals from the same era too.

I don't get why so many MoFos love Singin' in the Rain and yet they don't seem to like other musicals much? I like Singin' in the Rain for sure but then again I like other musicals from the same era too.
I don't know but it definitely applies to me.

The trick is not minding
Musicals are a genre I’m sorely lacking in experience. And I’ve seen many. Yet, somehow, I’ve missed many from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s that I *should* have seen.

Musicals are a genre I’m sorely lacking in experience. And I’ve seen many. Yet, somehow, I’ve missed many from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s that I *should* have seen.
There's alot of musicals from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s that are very similar in make up to Singin' in the Rain. We'll have to do a part II to this Hof someday:

Live Action Musical Movie Hall of Fame

The trick is not minding
There's alot of musicals from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s that are very similar in make up to Singin' in the Rain. We'll have to do a part II to this Hof someday:

Live Action Musical Movie Hall of Fame
Yeah, sadly, of those nominated, I have only seen 1. West Side Story. Which I love.
I need to branch more into it for sure.

Yeah, sadly, of those nominated, I have only seen 1. West Side Story. Which I love.
I need to branch more into it for sure.
You loved WSS, there's hope for you! Maybe classic Hollywood musicals should have been included in Jabs Challenge thread. It looks like you guys are having fun there, it's a cool idea for a movie watch thread.

The trick is not minding
You loved WSS, there's hope for you! Maybe classic Hollywood musicals should have been included in Jabs Challenge thread. It looks like you guys are having fun there, it's a cool idea for a movie watch thread.
I’ll have to mix them in more often next year during the challenge.

You're likely half-way through thanks to the Hall of Fame's you've taken part in
I'll have to read up on the challenges. I only skimmed the thread as I seen some activity there recently.

The trick is not minding
You're likely half-way through thanks to the Hall of Fame's you've taken part in
By my count, I have 74 left to complete it. 23 in normal, 51 in nightmare.
Last month I wasn’t really able to dig into it due to work. Hoping to catch up some this coming month.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Shop Around the Corner

Jimmy Stewart and Margaret Sullivan meet cute only they aren’t aware of it. They write letters anonymously to one another and fall in love. Meanwhile, both work together at a shop and have a adversarial relationship. But it’s only a matter of times before one of them releases they’ve been writing to each other all along.
In the meantime, there’s a subplot about their boss who’s wife Is having an affair with one of his employees. Unfortunately it’s dealt with in much too swift s manner. It could have lasted a great deal longer to help drive the movie, as it was the only interesting part of this film.
Stewart is good here, as usual. But he is t given much to do and his do workers aren’t fleshed out enough to be entertaining either. With the exception of the errand boy, who is also good in his role.
Not much to say here. Sorry whoever nominated it.

It's sad that you didn't care for The Shop Around the Corner. It's such a wonderful movie.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen either of the remakes, In the Good Old Summertime (1949) or You've Got Mail (1998)? They're all great movies, but my personal preference is You've Got Mail. I think Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan have amazing chemistry in it, and it's a much more emotional ending.