Not movie but filming location

Tools    

I need help to figure out a filming location in Los Angeles.
I know it known and it's been used in many movies.
It's a completely modest place, It's an "alley" in an industrial area.
It's very similar to attached picture, a sloping road but with
a concrete ceiling over the "area", and not a tunnel.

regards M
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	66222  

I haven't been to L.A. enough times in my life to know where that ramp is, though it's gotta be downtown somewhere.

I do not recall that location being highlighted, but there is a wonderful documentary called Los Angeles Plays Itself that chronicles the ways the city and its landmarks have been used over the past hundred years or so, using dozens and dozens of film clips juxtaposed with the actual locations.

I doubt your ramp is there but it is a good watch.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I need help to figure out a filming location in Los Angeles.
I know it known and it's been used in many movies.
It's a completely modest place, It's an "alley" in an industrial area.
It's very similar to attached picture, a sloping road but with
a concrete ceiling over the "area", and not a tunnel.

regards M
Do you know any films or shows in which you've seen this location?

There is a scene in the first Sharknado movie with a similar looking spot. I looked up online but the names of the places don't make any sense to me, since I am not a local.

If you are from LA you will recognise the names of the streets. Just Google Sharknado shooting locations.
It's the scene where
WARNING: spoilers below
John Heard's character dies.

I think I found it, I went trough IMDB locations on 'Live and Die in L.A'.

"600 Mesquit Street, Los Angeles, California, USA"
The 6th street viaduct is demolished (which is even more used in different films), so on Google Street view you need to flip around the get the "right view".

Yes, Sharknado was on my checklist but it's CGI:ed like hell, so I was not sure.

Thanks for all input!!!
'Los Angeles Plays Itself' is now on my playlist =)

I understand that you need help finding a filming location in Los Angeles. Based on your description, it seems like you are looking for a modest alley in an industrial area with a sloping road and a concrete ceiling. Unfortunately, since I don't have access to external tools or services, I am unable to view the attached picture. However, I can assist you with any questions or suggestions you may have regarding filming locations in Los Angeles.