The New Design Thread

Tools    

It's nice and clean. Obviously I'm not used to it, but I don't think it'll take too long. Good job everyone.

Finished here. It's been fun.
My initial reaction when I saw the new layout:

My reaction now:

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The Adventure Starts Here!
I am disproportionally excited about the fact that the film reels next to the tweets rotate when you hover over them.
And the MoFo banner and the words "MOVIE FORUMS" kinda wiggle a little when you hover over them too.

It's all so squee-worthy.

This is superb. I love how the style harks back to classic cinema yet remains modern, slick and so far, very easy to use. I doubt this will take long to get used to.
This is exactly the line I was trying to walk. Awesome.

I am disproportionally excited about the fact that the film reels next to the tweets rotate when you hover over them.
I was waiting for someone to notice that. You'll find the same effect on the New Thread/Post Reply buttons, too.

And the MoFo banner and the words "MOVIE FORUMS" kinda wiggle a little when you hover over them too.
Yeah, the logo lights up and slides down, and the words MOVIE FORUMS change orientation. By default they're tilted downwards, and meant to look like the big stone-carved letters on old movie title cards, but on hover it "faces" you.

Bye, bye, old layout that we've had forever.

I just want to get in on the GIF thing.

THE LISTS SECTION

And that's the Lite version I had to slap together to get this thing up before the Oscars. The list page itself is the only one I really got to spend a lot of time with. Lots more coming there.

You can generally expect all the interactive areas (Lists, User Reviews, Quizzes) to get a lot more attention and have a much more prominent role in the next couple of months.