The Contender

Tools    

Didn't see it.
First off, this is supposed to be an incredible movie. I can't wait to see it. They timed it perfectly with the elections.

One thing I have read in the reviews is that it has a real slant toward the Democratic party. It seems like most movies about the President have been that way for the past 10 years.

What's interesting is that one of its stars, Gary Oldman, is complaining about cuts to the film that he alleges were made because of the Studio's Democratic leanings.

He claims that DreamWorks big-wigs Steven Spielberg, David Geffen, and Jeffrey Katzenberg — all Democrats — made the changes because they might benefit Al Gore.

Of course, the Dreamworks spokesman is denying all of the accusations.

What do you think? Does Hollywood favor the Democrats? Sure seems so to me.

Of course Hollywood favors the Democrats...whether or not this movie reflects that will remain to be seen. I sure intend to see it - it looks amazing.

Take a look at this older MovieForums thread:
http://www.movieforums.com/forums/sh...hp?threadid=37

Pretty interesting, huh? No idea if it's true or not...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Overall it looks like a great flick, and one I hope to see shortly after it's release.

Semper Fooey
Gary Oldman was full of crap. The very untalented writer and director, Rob Laurie, had a local radio talk show before making that movie and was a big time liberal. He denied there were any forced changes. Apparently some of Oldman's scenes wound up on the the cutting room floor and he decided to have a pissy fit.