Italics on IPhone?

Tools    

Hi everyone,

I’ve been here for two weeks. I only access the website from my phone, and I can never do italics for film titles. As I’m writing this, I see an italics icon above the message field, but when I’m replying to someone’s post, that never happens. Any ideas?

You'll need to clarify a few things, like whether you're using the desktop or mobile style, and also, what happens when you try to use it. "It never happens" could mean a lot of things. It could mean nothing happens when you hit the button, it might mean you get an error (if so, what's it say), etc.

You'll need to clarify a few things, like whether you're using the desktop or mobile style, and also, what happens when you try to use it. "It never happens" could mean a lot of things. It could mean nothing happens when you hit the button, it might mean you get an error (if so, what's it say), etc.
I’m using the mobile version and by ‘never happens’ I meant I didn’t see the button at all. It works now. I agree the post wasn’t specific enough and your attention to language is impressive.

Oh, it comes from a long history of troubleshooting code problems.

Thank you for clarifying, and glad it got sorted out! I'll see about adding those buttons to Quick Reply, or better yet, probably just getting rid of mobile Quick Reply and going right to a separate page. More trouble than its worth in the bandwidth saved, in this particular case.

Thank you! Please don't hesitate to ask questions or report bugs. Usually there's a simple answer, but sometimes it's just good feedback and I can fix or change something. More changes coming, too.

Went ahead and removed the Quick Reply box from mobile.

I liked it initially because it avoided loading another page, which is generally good on mobile, but I think for better or worse most users prefer loading another page compared to the added complexity of having "two" forms and wondering why some things might be on one but not another.

Anyway, now when you click on the reply button (talk bubble) on mobile it'll take you to the full reply page with the new editor buttons and all that. I might go as far as to replace the icons with text, too, just so it's more obvious what they do.