Have you seen it?

Tools    

Didn't see it.
I'm dying to find out if anyone has seen:

Grinch
6th Day
Red Planet

I've had to work all weekend and haven't been able to see a movie. :bawl:

I'm seeing The Grinch tomorrow and will try to see "The Sixth Day" next weeked. I'm gonna hold off on Red Planet until after those two at the very least.

Saw a ton of movies today.

The Grinch is really good. Ron Howard did a masterfull job bringing Whoville to the screen and Carrey was so natural that I got the feeling the entire film is an improv. I'm extremely impressed that they were able to figure out how to get a one hour cartoon stretched into a two hour movie, but they did and every aspect of it works. The set design, costumes, and make-up should, and probably will be, on the next Oscar nominee list. Carrey is almost over-the-top, but it's done in typical Carrey fashion so that the comedy doesn't outshine the acting brilliance.

Bounce was a very pleasant surprise. The trailer, however, was a bit deceiving. The trailer showed scenes that are nowhere in the movie, but if they were, it would have been even better. Affleck and Paltrow are backed up by an excellent supporting cast including Joe Morton (Speed), Johnny Galecki (Suicide Kings), and Jennifer Grey of Dirty Dancing fame who is almost impossible to recognize thanks to a very badly done nose and chin job. The whole film was romantic and sweet...I laughed and I cried. I know it's a cliche, but it's true.

Little Nicky keeps up with the stupid-but-can't-miss Adam Sandler hit streak. Sandler is the king of comedies that you don't really want to pay for, but you'll kick yourself if you don't see. Sandler is the son of the devil who gives hell a funny name. The usual supporting cast of friends are in this one to help it along to at least $100 domestic. So, it's just business as usual for Mr. Sandler, if you please.

Red Planet gives Val Kilmer a Sci-Fi turn and it's a turn for the better. I've been looking forward to this one for over a year and I wasn't disappointed. Tom Sizemore and Carrie-Anne Moss support Kilmer in excellent style and bring to life a better vision of Mars than Mission to Mars did.

In order from best to worse, I'd say 1)Red Planet, 2)Grinch, 3)Bounce, 4)Little Nicky. Legend of Bagger Vance, Pay It Forward, The 6th Day, and Charlie's Angels are tomorrow...lol.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I was going to see the Grinch tonight, well technically last night, with like 11 of my friends...but I didn't have a ride and my dad was kinda pissed off that I was out all last night.(I'm only 15 afterall). But my bro is coming back from college this week so I'll make him give me a ride and I will most likely see The 6th Day this week. A couple of my friends saw it after a football game Friday and said it was kinda lame. Although I'll probably think differently just because I think Arnold is the coolest man alive. As I say this Terminator 2 plays in the background on my TV ironicly.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Ahhh, Gwyneth Paltrow ... I can't stand that girl so if I ever do see Bounce I'll see it on video. Maybe. One day.

Actually Jennifer Grey's face jobs are not really that bad. I think it's just because we know her and love her for what she was in Dirty Dancing, that people feel she "lost her innocence" or that something good was lost when she changed her face. I don't believe in facelifts unless one endures violent facial trauma, but she made her choice. Yet people seem to hold it against her. Not to say that you do, just every time someone talks to her about it on tv or about her in the real world it's like, why'd you do it? you look entirely different. you're not you ... etc. they're so involved and I feel bad for her. it's like coming out and having everybody all over your ass about it. you don't need it and you certainly don't deserve it, even if other's think it's wrong or not right.

But when i actually pull back and look at her without any thought to the face I knew her face looks completely normal to me. She does look entirely different, but she doesn't look like a botch faced job and she doesn't look worse or better. Just different. I feel bad though that she has ceased becoming "Jennifer Grey" to people just because of that and because her face no longer fits the image people had of her. It's like her face became a stereotype for something or her, in itself.

sorry about the spiel but that bugged me and then when it was mentioned here I took the opportunity to spew my 2 cents. no offense Laurie!

Red Planet ... see now, I have a hint of a desire to see it because of Val Kilmer. Difficult he may be but he is always good. If they put him in the right roles that is. This looks like one of them. BUT ... it's another space movie. It's another MARS movie. I'm getting tired of the same old storyline people for god's sakes, pick neptune, jupiter, a nonexistent planet the color BLUE, just something NOT red and NOT named Mars!! Having seen Mission to Mars and having seen a couple other recent Mars movies i'm all Marsed out. It completely taints my view of any newly produced Mars movie the minute I see the previews. It's like all those teen movies, and all those Screams ... you were disappointed with the first one, why bother to see the other 2?

sorry i'm sounding awfully cynical tonight aren't I? it's case the dice that rolled tonight were topics I had bad stuff to say about, sorry! i appreciate anybody who's bothered to read this far. ahem.

_______

mwah! a big kiss for YOU.

It's not that Jennifer's facelifts destroyed her looks, but they did destroy her career. She's done several interviews where she said that at the height of her fame, after the surgeries, she walked down streets and people never looked at her twice. She's also said that when she would go to script readings, she was always turned away because the casting directors and producers felt that if they didn't recognize her, an audience wouldn't either. I've felt terrible for her for several years now, but it's starting to turn around for her. The more projects she does, the more people recognize her and her talents. I think the 10th Anniversary of Dirty Dancing really helped her. She was reconnected to the movie that made her famous and now studios are starting to cast her in films again. She took a blow, but she survived...I give her credit for that.

As far as the Mars thing goes. I agree that the topic is getting old, but sci-fi films this year have at least tried to tap into the sci-fi of current events...6th Day and cloning...Red Planet and Mission to Mars with the recent Mars and NASA mishaps...Space Cowboys and John Glenn back in space. Hollywood is trying, but as sci-fi goes, they seem to be running out of ideas. Look at all the sci-fi sequels coming out. Matrix was the most original sci-fi flick in ages, which is one reason I think it did so well. But with two sequels in the making, it too will get stale. Pitch Black was original, but no damn good...lol. I'm a true sci-fi fan...I love the conventions, I love the futuristic thinking, I love that the sci-fi of today is technology of tomorrow. I just hope that Hollywood and fans don't get bored before new technologies spawn new movie ideas.

By the way, I don't take any offense at all to other's opinions differing from mine. That's what makes places like this great.

You nailed it on Pitch Black: original, but no d*mn good! When I saw the preview, I almost wet my pants. What a cool concept! It had the potential to be one of the all-time great Sci-Fi movies, but it totally blew it.

It ended up as a half-decent movie at best.

As for Gray - I don't agree with people's choices to change themselves that way, be it a facelift, breast implants, or a nose job, for the most part. The only way I would, for example, do it myself, would be if I were totally bizzare looking - not just a big nose - a HUGE nose!

Doing so for any other reason entails too much vanity for me.

To me she'll always be Ferris Buller's older sister, though.

Re: Mars movies - yeah, space movies in general are getting old. Apollo 13 was good, but then Tom Hanks has to follow it up with that series of his, "From the Earth to the Moon." Then we get Episode 1, another Star Trek flick, Mission to Mars, and Space Cowboys within a few years of each other (roughly).

I'll probably see Red Planet at some point, but it's 3rd on my list right now.

Saw Legend of Bagger Vance, Pay It Forward, The 6th Day, and Charlie's Angels today...lol. Now I'm all caught up until this next week when Unbreakable comes out. Funny thing is, I'm looking forward to Unbreakable more than any of the other films I've seen this weekend. Plus, I'm cursed with all the new DVDs coming out on Tuesday...X-Men, Gladiator, and Chicken Run...arggg...looks like I'll be on my butt in front of a TV or theater screen for a few more days...lol. By the way, 6th Day was pretty cool, but I think I may be getting tired of Arnold. His movies are all starting to remind me of his other movies. Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt, and Haley Joel Osment should clean up at Oscar this next year with Pay It Forward...excellent flick. Charlie was pretty much what I thought...a waste of money, but a must see. Bagger was pretty good, but I had a tough time with Will Smith in a serious role...hasn't done one of those in quite awhile, but the film itself is good. Guess that's it...I'm going to go rest my eyes now...lol.

I do get the impression Arnold is re-hashing some of his old stuff. Hopefully Terminator 3 will put him "back on the map."

Oh BTW, I saw "The Grinch" today, I posted a review at the following URL:
http://www.movieforums.com/forums/sh...p?threadid=158

Poor Laurie has to watch movies all day - pardon me while I go shed a tear.

LMAO...I know life sucks, doesn't it. Oh well, poor little me will survive...hehe.

I saw "The 6th Day" this weekend. It was quite good -- back to the old Arnie. Some interesting ideas on how technology might affect the future.

I'll be seeing a sneak preview of "Unbreakable" tomorrow night. Can't wait!

I have seen the sixth sense, and boy was it awesome. I won't reveal the ending.

The sixth day had very good moments, i like the premise of the film, i also enjoyed red planet an above average sci fi outing, havent seen the grinch as im not a fan of the movie