Feedback Needed: The User Reputation System

Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
How can we know who gave us points? I may want to thank them for mass generosity.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
How can we know who gave us points? I may want to thank them for mass generosity.
From my last post:

And yes, you will be able to view the last 5 (can be upped easily) reputations you've received in your User Control Panel, along with any comments the giver/taker might have left, and a link to the post in question.

is it up the person giving the point to leave his/her name in the comment then?

is it up the person giving the point to leave his/her name in the comment then?
No. It's up to them if they want to comment ont he post, but their username is included automatically. However, I've been wondering about that. I think it should be anonymous, to ensure more honest feedback. And anyone who wishes to make themselves known could still do so in the comment box.

Thoughts?

I can see a comment but no username.

I think it should be left out anyway and if the person giving the point wants to declare their name they should put it in the comment.

I personally wouldn’t have any problem with it either way but if it is set on anonymous, some of the members might be inclined to use it more…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I must become Caligari..!
Is there any way of seeing another users amount of reputation points.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Hondo333
Is there any of seeing another users amount of reputation points.
Yes, and no. As of right now, you can't view the specific number of points they have, but you can view their ranking...it's represented by the little dots next to their post count on each post, and on their user profile. The dots pretty much speak for themselves, but you can hold your mouse over them to view the user's rank.

I must become Caligari..!
Ahh thanks i was wondering what they were.

Got off my Damn Fence

On the site I visit that uses reputation you can see who gave it to you. I KNOW who did but it'd be nice to see a user name if it's not too difficult.

Lets put a smile on that block
im confused

i think im being dim and lazy but where can i see these reputation points? are they happening yet?

Also wheres the shoutbox? is it still here? i cant find it. Im a little drunk and probably missing it...

And also whats the little green blob next to our number of posts below our avitar? that little bogey (or Booger for u yanks ) thing...

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
im confused

i think im being dim and lazy but where can i see these reputation points? are they happening yet?

Also wheres the shoutbox? is it still here? i cant find it. Im a little drunk and probably missing it...

And also whats the little green blob next to our number of posts below our avitar? that little bogey (or Booger for u yanks ) thing...
You just lost a point.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
You just lost a point.
DAG NAMMIT and TARNATIONS

Cant believe im already in negative points.....Can there be negative reputation points?

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
im confused

Every single one of your questions has been addressed already...including the one about negative reputation (which you don't have yet...if you did, the color of those blobs/dots would be different).

Originally Posted by Yoda
Every single one of your questions has been addressed already...including the one about negative reputation (which you don't have yet...if you did, the color of those blobs/dots would be different).
oops

I think i should read the post again when im sober....
but i like the sound of thee reputation bogey dot things. imagine if Django had one of them, his would be like....i dunno....really really red....if thats the negative coulour that is.....oh goodnight.

Yoda, I still don't see where the username of the person giving the point is. I can see the comment and the link to the thread but no username.

A novel adaptation.
It was me. The image thing was the first thing I saw that I liked when I found out things had been activated.

But as far as the system goes, I like the anonymity.
If someone really wants a member to know they appreciate the post, they can put their username in the comment.

Yoda, I still don't see where the username of the person giving the point is. I can see the comment and the link to the thread but no username.
In that case I'd guess that it's one of those things only the Admin can see by default. That can be changed...however, I'm thinking it might be better if it was left as-is. People will rate posts more accurately if they don't have to disclose their identity when doing so...and if they don't mind making themselves known, they can do so in the "Comments" field.

Groovy, that will be that then. I can now rest easy and assured that I'm not just blind in bits of both of my eyes.

thank wah.

A novel adaptation.
Is there any way I can see my reputation in numbers?

You get one point of reputation-altering power for every 365 days since your registration.
You get one point of reputation-altering power for every 1,000 posts to your name.
You get one point of reputation-altering power for every 100 reputation points you have.
Does this mean that someone who hasn't been here for a year, doesn't have a 1000 posts, and doesn't have 100 points of reputation has no points to give?