Bug Reports for the New Design

Tools    

I often don't see the posters for the favorites on a profile

on my page I only saw them when I clicked edit
That's because those users haven't updated their favorites. A little over half the favorites in the database were matched up to common titles automatically, but for the rest, it's waiting for them to confirm that the database has matched up their text with the right film. I'm going to give users at least a few weeks to do that before I match them up directly, at which time you'll see posters on profiles even if the user hasn't checked on them.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Yeah, I literally just upgraded the mobile detection script. I'll try to get an option up soon for you guys.
thanks.

Wait -- are the friends gone?

That was so stupid, anyway. I never saw the point of friends.

I never saw the point of friends.
Me neither. Friends are overrated.

Anyway, updated/ordered my lists on my profile and even though it says it will change it for my posts as well it doesn't look like it's updating.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Yeah, working on that; it's reordering them on profiles, though, but needs to be fixed for posts.

Re: friends. The system really didn't do anything. I do have a few ideas for something to replace it, like letting users "follow" each other so they can see a combined Activity Low for everyone they follow. I'm open to ideas on that front.

Just had a whole bunch of glitches...

Site taken ages to load a page... when it does, all I have is a blank white page.

Then, when it actually loads the page, avatars and pics people have posted are just the little black square with an x in it.

Anyway, updated/ordered my lists on my profile and even though it says it will change it for my posts as well it doesn't look like it's updating.
Can you give it another try and let me know if it's fixed now?

Seems fine now

Not sure what that was tbh... didn't have to disconnect/reconnect etc...

If happens again I'll check my signal stats...

Okay, some fixes:

1) You can now search the lists for movies again on the lists home page. This'll get nicer/better when the area gets its proper overhaul, but for now, you should be able to find stuff just like before.

2) Now, when you go to view your own list, it'll automatically bring up your Edit List page instead, since they now look virtually identical now and you might want to check things off it, anyway.

3) Thread prefixes have been recolored to be legible on the dark background.

4) Nobody reported this, I don't think, but the "X of Y seen" tooltip for lists is now populated for all users. Most lists are an even 100, so the percentage is easily converted into a seen/unseen total, but a handful aren't, so this should be helpful for those cases. You can see it by holding your mouse over the list percentage on user profiles, and on their View All Lists page.

Oh, and I get a kick out of this one: I made it so that hitting enter on the Lists search submits the form the same as clicking the Search button, since a fair number of people have done the former over the years and then posted a question or bug report about it.

I haven't had a single problem yet. Nice work, buddy.

Update: more fixes! Well, hopefully.

It should be detecting mobile devices pretty reliably now, and displaying the mobile style automatically (except for those of you I've sent a style reset link to, that is). But you can now go into your Edit Options page and switch to the full desktop style, if you prefer. It'd be a big help to me if anyone on mobile can a) verify that they're getting the mobile style by default, b) verify that switching to desktop works, and most importantly, c) verify that switching to desktop "holds" the next time you come back.

Pretty sure it should be good, though. Thanks for all the help tracking this stuff down, guys. This is, thankfully, probably the most tumultuous time, bug-wise (right after a launch), and it's actually been pretty smooth sailing all things considered.