2013 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Decided to resend the offer but Im asking for Carson Palmer too this time. I doubt Sleezy will give up AP for the Brees/Graham package since hes got Andrew Luck, but yanevahkno......
? Really?

That trade makes no sense. Sometimes I swear you trade just to trade. AP is the man but that's even an overpay.
I dont trade just to trade. I sometimes trade 2 or 3 trades ahead, but I'd say 95% of the time Ive a clear goal. I admit to some whimsical trades but this isnt one of them. Im guessing he'll say no.

What is Adrian Peterson worth in a trade? What should he fetch? Two 2nd rounders may be too much, but it may not. I even asked Dexters advice on this offer cause it is so heavy.

I don't know if you trade just to trade, but the reasons you give for each trade seem to have a very short shelf life.

Anyway, it's a huge overpay, especially since the season hasn't even started and you don't even know what you have yet.

GrumbleMumbleGrumbleMumbleGrrrr!

Yeah I can see your point. It wouldve been cool to have the 2 best RBs in the NFL, but would I have gone farther? Would I really have a better chance of winning the league? The numbers say no, but I still think its debatable.

An RB slot is the most valuable of all in the league. If a team is absolute strongest there, and Id still have 3 great recievers in Fitz, Boldin, and Gates. Heck I think Davonne Bess may be starter worthy this season, and thats one cheap swing filler.

Mind you I dont think Sleezy wouldve even taken the deal because he'd lose his RB1 slot, the absolute most difficult spot to replace. I am curious if he wouldve accepted.

I nixed it because of the general underlying negative reaction, but on investigation....whoa damn I would be underselling Drew Brees! Number one overall fantasy point earner last year, and second most in 2011. I know Carson Palmer just cannot touch that figure. So thanks for the heads-up guys.

Still hope Fiscal parts with Mendenhall for Gates. I think its a fair deal. Its not like Rashard ever lit the world on fire in Pittsburgh, and Gates has the pieces in place for a possible career year. Heck, if Favre could have the best season of his career the year before he retired then why couldnt Gates now? If he says no Ill play waiver wire rider looking for a gem. Again. MumbleGrumbleMumbleGrumble...

In the Beginning...
I wouldn't have taken the trade. As much value as there is in Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham, like TONGO said, I'm not interested in trying to replace my RB1. In fact, a strong RB replacement would almost certainly need to be part of the deal.

Still waiting on Fiscal regarding the Gates for Mendenhall offer.

In the meanwhile sent Yoda an offer of Antonio Gates for Eddie Lacy. Figured theres a chance just because he has Ronnie Hillman on the bench.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I wouldn't have taken the trade. As much value as there is in Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham, like TONGO said, I'm not interested in trying to replace my RB1. In fact, a strong RB replacement would almost certainly need to be part of the deal.
You could easily trade away graham and Bree's to get more back.

Yoda said no cause he has 3 TEs. Thats a pretty good reason to say no

Cmon Fiscal..... I would be ok with it if he says no. Mendenhall wasnt "all that" at any point in time. Just not convinced of his upside potential, and doubt he will have better protection than he did in Pittsburgh. Im just in need.

I don't deny that you should be shopping for a second RB, but I wouldn't assume it's an absolute must before the games have even started. This is a 14-team league: everyone has holes. And it's football, not baseball, which means all stats go into a common pool of points, which means you can tolerate holes if you're running up the score at the other positions. I made it to MoFo Bowl II weak all year at RB because I was strong everywhere else.

There's certainly an argument to be made for inflating positional value when you're sure you need it, but at this point, until the games start (and not even then), we don't really know what we need or (more importantly) how badly we need it. The goal is the most points, not the most positionally balanced lineup. That only matters insofar as it leads to those points.

A system of cells interlinked
Also, when you say something like Drew Brees being the number one guy in fantasy points-wise, you also need to consider that fact relative to the other top performers at his position, then divide the difference by the number of games played, and consider just how much that means for the QB slot (not much).

Obviously, if you run guys like Palmer against him, the difference will be greater, but no one starts Palmer, or at least they shouldn't; he is a QB2 for sure. But if you look at a 4th-5th round QB, it just isn't that big of a difference when split across the scoring.

Yeah Dexter got back to me on that Brees/Graham for AP offer too and said that was way too much to offer. So its unanimous.

Fiscal finally said no to the Gates offer for Mendenhall. I am in a waiting pattern now as trade solutions pre-week 1 are exhausted.

LeVean Bell may be back Week 6, they say. Who knows! Ill keep him on my bench as there really isnt anyone to urgently grab.

I have an AWESOME team this year, in both leagues...woohoooooo...lets play some football

Making another play for Adrian Peterson. Offering the Sleezster - Larry Fitzgerald, Joique Bell, and Antonio Gates.

Anyone who would trade Adrian Peterson would be like, a crazy person.