2013 MoFo Fantasy Baseball Trading Block

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
That is just silly though. That's like me offering Betancourt for Ryan Braun
no, thats nothing at all like that.

Braun is hitting .340 with homers and Ribbies and everything. Kemp is Sh!ttin the bed every game thus far.

Also, You griped that with Weaver on the DL u were in need of a Starter. Hudson @ 18 ip 2 wins 13 K's and 2.50 era and 1.00 Whip. Bettencourt is a closer.

Do you even bother to check in on the standings to see what teams needs are?

Coz closing isnt for me.

So yeah in closing, not remotely the same thing. But thanks for playin.

Obviously, Braun hasn't struggled the way Kemp has. But even if he had the exact same numbers, I'm guessing you wouldn't dream of selling low on him like that.

I think if he'd said yes to the Hudson deal you would've cracked open a celebratory beer and done a little jig. But that's just my opinion.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think if he'd said yes to the Hudson deal you would've cracked open a celebratory beer and done a little jig. But that's just my opinion.
x 20.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
no, thats nothing at all like that.

Braun is hitting .340 with homers and Ribbies and everything. Kemp is Sh!ttin the bed every game thus far.

Also, You griped that with Weaver on the DL u were in need of a Starter. Hudson @ 18 ip 2 wins 13 K's and 2.50 era and 1.00 Whip. Bettencourt is a closer.

Do you even bother to check in on the standings to see what teams needs are?

Coz closing isnt for me.

So yeah in closing, not remotely the same thing. But thanks for playin.
Basically, what I'm trying to get at is players on other teams struggling are somehow worth nothing. But players struggling on your team would still hold value. Seriously if Kemp was on your team right now and I offered you, say Rafael Betancourt, whose been decent but not great, you would piss and moan about it.

2 weeks does not a season make.

Obviously, Braun hasn't struggled the way Kemp has. But even if he had the exact same numbers, I'm guessing you wouldn't dream of selling low on him like that.

its not low though. its reality.

Matt Kemp is the position player equivalent of Tim Linecum, or Dan Haren.

Past glories and Triumphs dont count on the scoresheet.

Holy crap! I hate to interject but must strongly disagree with you there. We are two weeks in, and maybe Kemps having a slump like Pujols did last year, but I would have to see Kemp tank for an entire season before lumping him with Lincecum & Haren.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
its not low though. its reality.

Past glories and Triumphs dont count on the scoresheet.

Past glories and triumphs >>>> 2 weeks worth of playing.

Players are playing awesome right now that will eventually fall to earth. Players are playing awful that will have all star years.

Make Believe Registered User
True dat

Players are playing awesome right now that will eventually fall to earth. Players are playing awful that will have all star years.
I'd make a wager with you that Kemp will not be an all star this season, except you'd welch, so whats the point.

Kemp will be an all-star. Being an all-star isnt as stringent as you'd first think. Longoria was an all-star last year when he'd only played 2-3 weeks. Playing at all-star level?! Wellll its possible. He's Matt Kemp.

There are certain players whose name is more valuable than their numbers. Kemp, Pujols, Verlander, Sabathia, and only a few others. Pujols was slumping something fierce, but greatness is his norm, and hes again golden. Heck look at Hanley Ramirez. He still is running off the fumes from 2 years ago. For me, I have more confidence Kemp will rebound than I did in Pujols last year.

Ok all this trade banter deserves a pic.

Jordan Zimmermann is on the Trading Block. Looking for a great batter of equal worth.

Feel confident in losing Zimmermann cause I may have a regular starter in Wade Davis who has been great for the Royals so far, or Dan Straily who may get called up this week.

Sent an offer to Dustins Crackerjacks for Matt Kemp - Jordan Zimmermann, Aroldis Chapman, and Alfonso Soriano.

No I wont give up those three for Tim Hudson

No offers on Jordan Zimmermann, and no interest in the little shopping around Ive done with him. Im surprised. He will probably hold more value in a month or two after all the new pitching prospects are grabbed up from waivers.

Btw, Dan Haren. WTF?! Im not saying dropping him was a mistake by any means, just surprised how far hes fallen from how fast he rose.

Adam offered me Hunter Pence & Fernando Rodney for Jordan Zimmermann and Mariano Rivera.

At first I was like no way and was gonna counter. Thing is I wouldve asked for Nelson Cruz, but Cruz can run hot and cold plus gets injured alot. Then I thought about switching Rivera for Papelbon, but the Phillies may get it together when Carlos Ruiz gets to producing, and too many pitchers in AL East is a bad thing. Rodney gets more K's than either Rivera or Papelbon, and I feel the Rays will give him more Save opportunities than they did in April.

So I said the heck with it and accepted. Zimmermanns had a great great April but I can see him falling off, Cruz tapering off, and Pence doing better than he did in April. Lets hope.

Actually upon further review Riveras K rate is as good as Rodneys, so I misspoke earlier. Upon reflection a few hours later, this is one of those trades where when accepting I felt like a dice throwing riverboat gambler. Now I feel like that hungry indian boy on that boat in Life Of Pi. Just how it goes on the Block sometimes.

Come oooooon Pence!

Now going into the bottom of the 7th Jordan Zimmermanns shutting down the Atlanta Braves Has 7 Ks so far, and no I did not see that coming. I thought the Braves might shred him tonight.

I had to pos rep that. The good news is Hunter Pence went 2 for 3 tonight with 2 runs, a homer, and a stolen base.

Bad news is Rivera looks like a machine, the Rays find ways to lose so Rodneys on the pine, and after Jordan Zimmermanns performance tonight vs the Braves I say he might be having a career year.

Plainly put, Im mad at myself Not just accepting this trade, but my decision making this season mostly has been plain crap. I wouldnt have drafted so heavy on pitching, and mostly drops of players to waivers (Vernon Wells and others)\ were facepalm bad. Theres nothing wrong with Hunter Pence but daaayyuuum he will have to bring it big time for this trade to not stain the resume. Sorry to turn into Mr Whiny Bitch but ...yeah.

Then the frickin Rays lost too and man this one hurt. We were up 5-0 to the Royals, and somehow found a way to lose 8-9. AUGH! Two in a row where we were ahead of them and their batting just delivered huge. Bad day for me & baseball, and just not going into May with great confidence.

Make Believe Registered User
Sorry Tongo thought the deal was a good deal, we are only a month in. Also I want to put Halliday and Morrow on the block. I am looking to ship them out maybe in a package. I have given up early on these veterans. Ship me some offers baby!