MoFo Fantasy Baseball '11 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Well, there's lots of time left: don't forget, MoFos, this first matchup runs eleven days instead of the usual seven, because Opening Day was on a Thursday. So it ends one week from today, and not today.

Meanwhile, Tim and I have a great matchup going so far. He's killing me in Runs.

Just got a great start out of Tim Hudson, which is nice. Not sure why he didn't get more love in most drafts; presumably because he's a little older and some of his intangible numbers don't look as hot, but I'm starting to think he's one of those guys who defies the advanced metrics a little bit, by winning year after year even without striking a ton of guys out. Still, he looks to be a great source of wins and given that he went in round 13, I think he'll end up being a bargain.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Tim Hudson and Chris Carpenter are in the same category. I think they both win 12 minimum this season.

the decline is bound to happen, its figuring out when.

Think Brett favre in Football. A bargoon 2 years ago, a Bust this past season.

I'm getting creamed in my first week, and have turned to..I cannot believe i am typing this out..The Pirates of Pittsburgh.

preseason i'd have thought jack sparrow had a better chance of taking the mound for my team.

....and while he pitched 6 innings didn't factor in the win he did manage to outhit alex rios.

Alright, I think I have this figured out. I dont like all these injuries on my squad though, I think the most difficult part for me is going to be figuring out legitimate replacements from the waiver wire to fix my holes. I don't know enough of the players like I do in football.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I am pretty banged up, too. My first string 3B and Grady Sizemore are both struggling, and Sizemore started the season on the DL. A couple other players are dealing with smaller injuries too.

And...of course this is a long week...of course it is... we can't have a week in which I completely dominate, now can we. Now I have another week to watch my score go into the toilet!

Yeah, tons of major injuries across baseball this year already. I traded for Stephen Drew and he's yet to play, and might be headed to the DL. D'oh.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
I'm getting creamed in my first week, and have turned to..I cannot believe i am typing this out..The Pirates of Pittsburgh.

preseason i'd have thought jack sparrow had a better chance of taking the mound for my team.

The rep was for the joke, not for pointing out you were getting creamed. Realized that I was the one playing against you right after I gave you rep, and that probably could be construed as mean. Didn't want you to think i was rubbing it in.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Yeah, tons of major injuries across baseball this year already. I traded for Stephen Drew and he's yet to play, and might be headed to the DL. D'oh.
Don't feel bad, in another league I'm in, I used my 2nd pick on Evan Longoria, who is also headed to the DL.

The rep was for the joke, not for pointing out you were getting creamed. Realized that I was the one playing against you right after I gave you rep, and that probably could be construed as mean. Didn't want you to think i was rubbing it in.

oh dont worry about that, I'm a shite talker from way back. Can't be sensitive when yakken bout sports.

i didn't take it that way, at the same time, would totally be ok if you were rubben it in.

savvy (said in jack sparrow voice )

especially this week..this extended week that gives me the unusual opportunity to mount a comeback.

Saves i Concede, K's belong to me, the rest can flip flop at any moment. Rios can't go ofer for the week after all.

A system of cells interlinked
You know, I'm a die hard Sox fan, but I was questioning all this hype this season as they focused on Gonzo and the power the team has, but did little to address the problem from last year - uneven pitching. So, out come these same clowns, this time with a green catcher, and the bottom falls right out of the pitching squad. This kid looks lost out there, and he calls like NINE BREAKING BALLS IN A ROW after hitters are just cleaning up off-speed balls left and right. The the kid gets up to bat and starts swinging, pitch one, at 88 MPH fastballs and he can't even get close. WAY too aggressive, off-time, and unfocused.

Yeah, expectations are a funny beast. I was reading the Herald proclaimed the current roster as the best Red Sox squad ever. Yeah thats no pressure..lol My Jays on the other hand, are playing terriffic small ball, getting decent pitching (bullpen was terriffic yesterday especially), plus the odd well timed homer..things looking good.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Interesting question. The Dodgers-Padres game was suspended last night due to rain with the game tied 2-2 in the 9th inning. Juan Uribe was my SS last night and he's playing out the remainder of the game today. Now, he just got a hit and scored a run. The fact that he's not in my lineup today, should that mean that I don't get those stats? The scheduled game hasn't started yet and I have Furcal as my SS today. It seems to me that I SHOULD get credit for Uribe for yesterday since he's finishing up YESTERDAY'S game and get credit for Furcal in today's regular game, at least if he plays that game. What do you think or does anybody know? I desperately need hits and runs so one more of each is significant.

I'm 99% certain that you get credit for anything that ends up in the MLB record book. If it counts in the official box score, it should count on your log; if not immediately, then after they issue their daily corrections. I assume the official record will treat it as if Uribe was simply replaced in the 9th.

Now, if you'd asked me what happens when a game is spread out over two days and those days are Sunday and Monday (spanning two series'), I wouldn't be as sure.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think you missed what I said. Uribe wasn't replaced. However, the part about MLB Official record book sounds good to me. I'm just not sure if Yahoo is set up to comprehend the fact that suspended game even existed today. For example, Statracker didn't cover the end of yesterday's game today.