MoFo Fantasy Baseball '11 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Comment from Dex in The Shoutbox:

Originally Posted by DexterRiley
Well, this is different. In Fantasy Baseball, Free Agents picked up today, can't play today.

thats a wrinkle i hadn't expected.
This shouldn't be -- we had this problem the last couple of years, but it was updated this year to allow players to play the same day as long as they're added before Yahoo's cutoff, which is usually just a short while before the game starts.

If you're positive this is happening, what I can do is make a fake move (which I'll then reverse right after, of course) to see if I can duplicate the problem over here. Just wanted to mention this publicly so everyone knows that it's on the up-and-up and that I'm not trying to undo some waiver wire mistake or something when they see it on the transactions list.

Sent you a quick PM. Or you can elaborate here; I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have, though I think after the first week the basic nature of the game becomes a lot clearer.

Meanwhile, we're underway! Ryan Zimmerman's at bat right now.

A system of cells interlinked
Anyone up for a pool on when Ricky Weeks goes down for the season?

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
ok..my bad from the shoutbox area.. i have 2 teams in yahoo baseball, both with same team name.

my bad.

in that set-up thats what happened.

sorry mofos

As the games happen. It's not perfect, obviously, but the StatTracker should update throughout the day. Fewer connection/upgrade problems than the football one, too, since there's no big rush all at the same time, usually.

One little quirk, however, is that certain things are scored different a bit later. For example, things like saves and wins can sometimes not be awarded properly since there are some stipulations in the MLB rulebook as to when you receive each and every now and then the result is counterintuitive. In a few instances it's even up to each game's official scorer, too, so you'll see a steady stream of corrections throughout the season. It's mainly limited to those categories, though, and it's always documented.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Pujols has grounded into 3 double plays today. Who ever owns him should just drop him now.

Down year.

Bum.

Bust.

Anyone up for a pool on when Ricky Weeks goes down for the season?
Rickie was money for me last year, I'll be more than happy to take him off your hands.

I wonder how long Berkman has to play right field before he becomes OF eligible? Hopefully not too long, I like having a guy like that that I can bounce around, even if he is a health risk.

Yep 6 months is a long fantasy season. I just gotta get used to checking my roster every morning again.