The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
i hear ya. either guy is nothing more than a bye-week fill in, so again, im A-ok with whatever the MOFO tribunal decides.

Truth be told, as it relates to my needs, the deal evens out quite a bit as Harrison would be playing week 4 vs Cinci and Week 10 vs NYJ.

not exactly tasty matchups.

Oh, I wouldn't dream of veto-ing a deal like this. Especially before the season. Just issuing my opinion. TONGO likes to wheel and deal and is a big-time homer, so I had to prod him a little for this one.

Oh the trade doesn't bother me at all. I was just hoping Captain TONGO would at least let his ship set sail before he tried to re-vamp his entire roster this season. So far, no joy.

hang on

Tongo is a dude?

sheeeiiit i thought i was helpen out a damsel in distress here.

this changes everythin

You all will remember this day when at the end of the season Cadillac ends up being one of the premiere running backs in the NFL. Yeah I said it! Caddy was just getting warmed up last year from being out 2 years in a row. Until Josh Freeman throws some TDs Caddy IS the offense of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Especially with Derrick Ward and his potbelly. With Caddy having two season ending knee injuries back-to-back his chance of getting injured now is minimal

Ah who am I bs'ing. Im a Bucs fan, but not enough of a fan as to take Josh Freeman as my QB.

You can grab any free agent anytime. Waiver priority if for snatching up guys that other owners give up on too quickly.

A very handy thing, as there's always somebody that panics and lets someone go too early or because he's hurt, or, whatever.

Yep, but what I am saying is if someone emerges out of the blue and several people put a claim on him I would get him because I have first shot.

Just to make it official Im offering Sedai Miles Austin & Justin Forsett for Andre Johnson.

Dont think I can make the deal sweeter and doubt he'll go for it. Just would like to have Schaub & Johnson as its a style thing

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Loving my team. Romo, Roddy White, Jacobs, Peterson, Finley and Beanie Wells. Depth could obviously be an issue and I'm not sold on my #2 WR Houshmanzadeh, but then again who doesn't have at least a little bit of a problem.

Just to make it official Im offering Sedai Miles Austin & Justin Forsett for Andre Johnson.

Dont think I can make the deal sweeter and doubt he'll go for it. Just would like to have Schaub & Johnson as its a style thing
2 for 1 deals make little sense at the best of times, because sedai would have to drop a player to make room for.. justin forsett?

cmon now, thats just silly.

The World's Smallest Violin
What will someone give me for Sidney Rice and one slightly punished and bloodied fat finger?

Hehe.

I just sent you an offer, Jay; it's not for Rice (very hard to figure out his value now), and it's a really small offer, but it's a really even long-shot for long-shot deal at the positions we each need. Lemme know what you think.

2 for 1 deals make little sense at the best of times, because sedai would have to drop a player to make room for.. justin forsett?

cmon now, thats just silly.
Its a longshot but he wouldnt be screwed by any means either taking the deal. Sedais Marion Barber should be money, but wont be. He shares carries with 2 equally good Cowboy RBs and I know from experience last season Barbers incoinsistency.

So I look at Seds bench and see Kevin Smith & Steve Slaton. Is Forsett better than either? Forsett is ranked higher than either #2 Back. Forsett is barely outranked by Marion Barber, and Im very confident Forsett will outscore him this season due to the fact he'll get alot more carries.

Deal #2: I'm sending Mohamed Massaquoi to Jay for Montario Hardesty. Yes, an all-Cleveland-Browns trade.

Pretty simple: two late-round fliers of different positions with similar risks and upside. I actually think I'm giving up slightly better overall value in Massaquoi, because he figures to be the #1 receiver, and even on a bad offense that's usually going to be more valuable than a likely backup RB with some injury problems. But you have to take need and position into account, and he was, at best, my 5th receiver, and possibly my 6th, so even a good season from him might not have gotten him into my lineup. He'd probably have to bust-out big time to be of use to me.

Hardesty, on the other hand, doesn't need to go gangbusters to be of value, given my weakness at RB.

Pretty sensible deal for all involved, I think. Hopefully I'm dead wrong about Harrison this year, because I still think he's the significantly more valuable of the Cleveland backs, but we'll see.

A system of cells interlinked
Its a longshot but he wouldnt be screwed by any means either taking the deal. Sedais Marion Barber should be money, but wont be. He shares carries with 2 equally good Cowboy RBs and I know from experience last season Barbers incoinsistency.

So I look at Seds bench and see Kevin Smith & Steve Slaton. Is Forsett better than either? Forsett is ranked higher than either #2 Back. Forsett is barely outranked by Marion Barber, and Im very confident Forsett will outscore him this season due to the fact he'll get alot more carries.
I am just confused as to why you are looking at those slots on my roster, at all. Andre Johnson is ranked 7-9 overall on most sites, while neither of the players you listed are even in the top 20 overall. You already said Barber is ranked ahead of Forsett, so why in a million years would I want to downgrade both those positions on my roster to Miles Austin and the second stringer on Seattle's underwhelming RB squad?

You are basically saying that my RB 2 slot is weak, so I should somehow prioritize that slot over my WR1 slot in a PPR league, yet the guy you offer for the RB 2 is actually ranked lower than the guy I have in place now, and the WR isn't in the top 20 (overall).

Also, Leon Washington is on the Seahawks now, and from what I can tell, they plan on using him on 3rd downs as a scat back. Julius Jones has the RB1 position on the team, so it really comes down to a question of value at that point, and I don't think you will find anyone that will consider Forsett more of a value play than the most physical and hard hitting back in the game, Marion Barber.

Barber IS an injury risk, but his upside is a lot more robust, for sure.

All RBs are an injury risk.

The trouble here is that The Cowboys, in their infinite wisdom, have run their starters less than anyone in the pre-season, in an effort to keep their tricks and talent as a surprise.

They look terrible, and folks like Barber haven't played much...but it's a bunch of rookies out there.

I try to completely ignore the information in the preseason...

If I didn't, Glen Coffee (retired) would have been the best back to have going into last season.

You may be right Tongo, so I won't call you too crazy, at least on the Forsett comparison. I don't think we will see much of him this year, though. I just need some decent numbers from that slot, really, and I think Smith and Barber will fit the bill fine if i play the match-ups. Slaton is kinda ******, and he got turf toe this weekend. Foster's mega perfomance doesn't help his cause, but again...pre-season. Coffee looked that good last year and rarely got to play.

I am not dealing Andre Johnson, that's for sure.