The Best You've Seen This Year

Tools    

So far:
Sin City and Kung Fu Hustle.

2005 has been a lean year so far to say the least. I gave Hostage a 8/10. So, I guess it's Hostage by default. I've seen over a dozen films this year at the theatre and most have rated a 5/10 or lower. The last movie I saw was Sahara and my brain still hasn't forgiven me for putting it through that idiotic trauma.

I haven't been to the theatre since the Incredibles

although it was the best, it was also the worst.

Rented Jeepers Creepers 2. ohhhhh scary.

This is the second thread you've done this in that I've seen. Stop posting 50 times in a row.
And found he was eating his shoe.

tearing down the boarders
donno, maybe Million Dollar Baby.

best over all? No Such Thing or Henry Fool. Everything Hal Hartley is now high up on my to-see list this summer.

best new one? not sure, probably Sin City. Interpreter is okay. Need to see more.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
This is the second thread you've done this in that I've seen. Stop posting 50 times in a row.
yeah I was going to make that same post, just add to the original post. Don't post a new message every minute at you think of them.

Anyway so far this year I really liked Hero & Sin City but that's it so far, I've seen a few really good older movies recently but they don't apply at the moment. Wait a few months and I'll have something better for this thread.........hopefully

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I Haven't seen anything yet that stands out as a candidate for one of the best movies of the year, but the two that stood out as above averege are Robots and The Interpreter

Sin City

Bad Morther****er
This is real easy thins year because this years films have been, for the most part, awful. I'd say Million Dollar Baby, Sin City,and Crash have been the only movies worth a danm so far. Lets pray this summer saves the year.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

Can we try with real bullets now?
Sin City - Definitely the best looking movie this year
Batman Begins - Probably my favorite movie so far
Crash - I think it had a bigger impact on me because I live in SoCal

it's a toss up between batman begins and broken flowers. both had really great aspects, i think flowers takes it though.

Here to support the villians.......
Currently Batman Begins, but that could change by the end of the year.

By the way Strummer521 would you recommend I buy The interpreter?, I keep considering it.

So far, Crash. Then perhaps Batman Begins then Sin City, but I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm looking forward to Broken Flowers, which makes its way over to the UK in November.

Half man, half machine
The only films that I’ve been impressed with this year so far are Sin City, Crash, and Batman Begins.

I'm ready for Oscar season.

"If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

"Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you." - Roger Ebert

The People's Republic of Clogher
1. Dead Man's Shoes (Shane Meadows)

Maybe a slight cheat as it was released here at the tail end of last year, but I didn't see it 'til 2005.

2. Sideways (Alexander Payne)

Sorry Annie, but it's still speaking to me. Bigtime.

3. Million Dollar baby (Clint Eastwood)

Simple. Rich. Powerful. Mature.