Your Scariest Scene in a Horror Film

Tools    

Recently, I watched The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2, and they contain some of the scariest scenes I've ever watched. I have a liking for supernatural horror movies, especially the ones based on truth.

This one scene in particular I like, among others.
When I mentioned A. M. Burrage's Smee above, I was thinking of that Conjuring scene as well, because in Smee, the game is played in total darkness.

I dont consider The Omen as that scary but my two favorite scenes are the nanny and the plate glass scene. Rosemary's Baby has some scary scenes. Most dont find some of the Blumhouse films supernatural horror films scary but I do love a good jump scare and they have it.

Rosemary's Baby has some scary scenes.
One in particular stands out to me:

WARNING: spoilers below
I recall the appearance of the Devil's almost like the Green Man.

I was thinking back recently to interviews with the cast of the Clash of the Titans remake, where the original was seen as "soft". I never thought of it that way at all, and in fact there are many very scary moments. I'm currently using one as my avatar, where Zeus punishes Calibos. What a scene! The stages of the transformation are so well thought out – so cinematic – and all done within the shadow. I think a particularly sinister aspect is the open mouth, because you get the sense of Calibos' utter terror at what's happening; something that, at this point, we're only offered a glimmer of. I also like the later scene of him discovering that his meeting with Andromeda has been observed, and angrily baring his teeth. That always got under my skin as a kid.
The line about Calibos being made into a "mortal mockery" triggered another film memory for me. There was an interview where Max von Sydow spoke about having no uneasiness when he was making The Exorcist. He said this was because in Sweden the Devil was seen as a ridiculous figure. My understanding was that the Devil's part-animal appearance, which we may see as frightening, would instead be viewed as risible and idiotic, somewhat similar to the way people ridiculed the platypus when they thought it was a made up animal . This said, in Clash of the Titans Calibos still induces fear in the citizens, but what Thallo says suggests it could well be more about his curse on the city than about his appearance.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
For me, the scariest scene in any horror movie was in the movie When a Stranger Calls (1979), but that's only because of the time and place that I watched the movie.

I was a teenager, and I was babysitting at the time. The child was upstairs sleeping in his bedroom, and I was by myself, and I was downstairs in the den, watching the movie on TV.

I'll never forget the terror I felt when I heard the line "We've traced the call... it's coming from inside the house."

I think that's probably the reason that I hate horror movies.

I would say originally The Ring, where we see Samara in the closet. In the theater, bat**** insane scary
Do you mean the victim of Samara? That's one of my favourites as well.

For the scariest scenes are :
1-the nurse passing through hallway with big scissors in The exorcist 3
2-the priest dreaming running down the stairs to meet to the devil in The exorcism of emily rose

A system of cells interlinked
For the scariest scenes are :
1-the nurse passing through hallway with big scissors in The exorcist 3
This!

Awesome scene. Definitely scary when i saw this in theaters.

This!

Awesome scene. Definitely scary when i saw this in theaters.
Damn it felt so awkward after watching this movie tbh, it has that dreaded feel to it and that uneasy atmosphere throughout, georges c scott is amazing here as always

A system of cells interlinked
Damn it felt so awkward after watching this movie tbh, it has that dreaded feel to it and that uneasy atmosphere throughout, georges c scott is amazing here as always

Brad Dourif as the Gemini Killer is also great in this.

I think someone mentioned The Entity (1982)... back in the 80's was watching this at someone's house with a bunch of friends. At some point during the movie a picture of one of the house's family members fell off the wall! (Don't remember who the photo was of.)

Anyway - the girls (one of which who lived in the house) went nuts and started screaming! They wanted to shut the movie off, but the rest of us watched it to the end.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
For me, the scariest scene in any horror movie was in the movie When a Stranger Calls (1979), but that's only because of the time and place that I watched the movie.

I was a teenager, and I was babysitting at the time. The child was upstairs sleeping in his bedroom, and I was by myself, and I was downstairs in the den, watching the movie on TV.

I'll never forget the terror I felt when I heard the line "We've traced the call... it's coming from inside the house."

I think that's probably the reason that I hate horror movies.

Have you checked the children?

I think someone mentioned The Entity (1982)... back in the 80's was watching this at someone's house with a bunch of friends. At some point during the movie a picture of one of the house's family members fell off the wall! (Don't remember who the photo was of.)

Anyway - the girls (one of which who lived in the house) went nuts and started screaming! They wanted to shut the movie off, but the rest of us watched it to the end.
The entity is one scary film yes, and has a very scary scene at the end

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

The thing I found creepy was that rhythmic pounding that occurred when the poltergeist appeared. Really creepy.

Some of the scenes in Hostel- and Texas Chainsaw Massacre series!

Brad Dourif as the Gemini Killer is also great in this.
Love Brad, and I like Fiona too – hope to see some more of her .

The entity is one scary film yes, and has a very scary scene at the end
It took me a second to think which one you meant (!), but yeah that final moment is very intimidating .

The thing I found creepy was that rhythmic pounding that occurred when the poltergeist appeared. Really creepy.
Yes – unstoppable.