Independence Day Resurgence

Tools    

For those not too happy with Will Smith's apparent demands, what do you think of this?

Jennifer Lawrence to score $10 million for Hunger Games sequel

'Hunger Games' star Jennifer Lawrence is reportedly about to secure a fee of $10 million (£6.4 million) to appear in the the film's sequel 'Catching Fire'.

It's even thought that the figure could increase depending on box-office takings, thanks to various bonuses and 'escalators' that will be drawn into her contract.

The number is a vast increase from her wages for the first film, thought to be $500,000 (£321,000) plus some added performance bonuses.

But due to the film's huge success, making more than $680 million (£436 million) at the box office, the rising star is now able to command terms to star in the next film.

After playing Katniss Everdeen in the first film, she became the most profitable action heroine of all time, according to stats website Box Office Mojo.

Any figure secured now could also increase further, with the actress expected to stay on for all four films in the series – the final installment 'Mockingjay' now being split into two parts.

Her co-stars, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, are also thought to have negotiated pay rises, but not on the scale of Lawrence's.

'Catching Fire' starts filming in September.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/jennifer-...es-sequel.html

If you ask me, $10 million dollars isn't a lot of money to receive for doing a big movie. $50 million dollars for Will Smith to do possibly two Independence Day movies is alright. That Karen Klein woman received almost $1 million dollars and all she did was a 10 minute Youtube video.

I am SHOCKED that Jennifer Lawrence only got $500,000 for The Hunger Games. She deserves every penny if she's only asking for $10 million for the sequel. I'd want $30 million.

I don't think she asked brusquely like Will Smith apparently did. Who would turn an increase down like that? no one. I don't care how much people get, it's when they do a Will Smith that it's annoying - moaning, demanding insane amounts of money.

I don't think Independence Day 2 will happen. That movie was so long ago... who remembers it?? It just seems to me that it's not one of those movies people have kept talking and talking about all these years, ya know? It's trapped in 1996/1997. A sequel in the works was exciting THEN... now it would just be for old nostalgia. The aliens in that movie weren't all that interesting. It was a cool movie, but it's been so long. It doesn't feel like it's in the air anymore. And honestly, I wouldn't care if Will Smith just completely retired and disappeared.

I am getting so jaded as I age!

^^If only Hollywood thought this way.^^

I'm slightly gladdened that no one seems to have a problem with her pay rise. I don't care about Will Smith, but found it disappointing that people actually disapproved.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I loved the first movie but I can't see how these sequels are gonna work.

Independence Day 2 needs this guy back:

Independence Day 2 needs this guy back:

I agree! Unfortunately, I think he's probably dead.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/jeff-g...pendence-day-2

Jeff Goldblum has been confirmed.

Emmerich has confirmed, obviously, the second film is coming soon, but its success will determine whether a third or even fourth movie will get made as well.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/roland...nce-day-sequel

Here's some news about there being one sequel at the moment who's success will determine a third.

Good news as well though folks!!! Will Smith is out!!

Thank God... if Will were still on board, I could see Vivica A Fox and Ross Bagley (who played Will's on-screen family in the original) getting shunned in place of Jaden Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.
With Will written out of the cast sheet, it opens the film up for genuine talent.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/will-s...pendence-day-2

Will Smith might be back on board. Ugh.

I guess that means Jayden, Jada and Willow will be shoed in, in place of Vivica A Fox and Ross Bagley.

Independence Day Forever Part I

Release Date: July 1, 2016
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Roland Emmerich
Screenwriter: Dean Devlin, Roland Emmerich, Carter Blanchard
Starring: Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman (so far)

Independence Day Forever Part 2

Release Date: TBA 2017
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Roland Emmerich
Screenwriter: Dean Devlin, Roland Emmerich, Carter Blanchard
Starring: TBA

“The humans knew that one day the aliens would come back. And they know that the only way you can really travel in space is through wormholes. So for the aliens, it could take two or three weeks, but for us that’s 20 or 25 years. It’s a changed world. It’s like parallel history. [Humans] have harnessed all this alien technology. We don’t know how to duplicate it because it’s organically-grown technology, but we know how to take an antigravity device and put it in a human airplane.”

Emmerich also revealed that the movie will be following the tribulations of a younger set of characters, with the return of Bill Pullman, leading the way as President Thomas J. Whitmore assisted once more by Jeff Goldblum as tech whizz Dave Levinson. The plan is for the sequel to be split into two parts titled Independence Day Forever I & II, but the future of another film, will hinge heavily on box office receipts from part one.

Independence Day Forever Part I is scheduled for a July 1, 2016 release.